Need Heater for old Dometic Freezer

Nailhead

I have an old Dometic FC-140 freezer whose AC heater has expired. The part:

7891bd2ab07a21d638e8cc0ef575bb66.jpg

3ca7d2eee47a984b64dca16fe41fb0b4.jpg

Is NLA. The element is 7 1/2” in length, and the wattage is 160. Can someone help me locate an equivalent heater? The only ones I’ve found are “L” shaped, not straight.

This freezer worked REALLY well before this heater burned out, and I’d hate to scrap it if there’s any hope of locating a viable replacement.

Thanks for any help.

Nailhead

Unlikely that heater is proprietory to Dometic.
Despite hundreds of different sizes/types, Cartridge heaters are common thing.
McMaster Carr has extensive easy to search selection.
Or just google the word ”cartridge heater” you probably find several more vendors.
Thank you for that!
The old heater has a notch on the end for a pinch screw, and I have to wonder how important that is to the proper functioning of the unit. I can't imagine it serves to secure the heater, since a freezer seems to be a stationary appliance not designed to move a whole lot.

Nailhead

Unlikely that heater is proprietory to Dometic.
Despite hundreds of different sizes/types, Cartridge heaters are common thing.
McMaster Carr has extensive easy to search selection.
Or just google the word ”cartridge heater” you probably find several more vendors.
After combing through various suppliers' inventories, I found the closest equivalent at MPI, whose system won't process orders under $100. I told them via chat what I though of that particular business model, and to pursue intercourse with themselves. I am now considering my options since heaters in the length & diameter I need are almost invariably much too high a wattage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior