Need ground tent sleep padding solution.

herm

Adventurer
if it is cold a layer of refletex under your pad does wonders for keeping you warm. in my slide in I have two 4 in air mattreses, with a 1/2 in blue foam under for protecting the mattreses and then refletex stapled to the plywood. keeps us tosty warm.

bajajoaquin

Adventurer
If you haven't bought anything yet, have you considered Ikea? They make pads/mattresses for their couch/futon thingies that are full-sized. We upgraded to one of those from an air mattress and couldn't be happier.

And I think it cost less than some of the more technical solutions.

Scott Brady

Founder
I love my [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Nemo-Equipment-Cosmo-Pillow-Sleeping/dp/B0035EEMPC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1297271288&sr=8-3-catcorr"]Nemo Cosmo Pad[/ame]. 22 countries and counting. . .

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
if it is cold a layer of refletex under your pad does wonders for keeping you warm. in my slide in I have two 4 in air mattreses, with a 1/2 in blue foam under for protecting the mattreses and then refletex stapled to the plywood. keeps us tosty warm.

I'll have to look into that.

If you haven't bought anything yet, have you considered Ikea? They make pads/mattresses for their couch/futon thingies that are full-sized. We upgraded to one of those from an air mattress and couldn't be happier.

And I think it cost less than some of the more technical solutions.

Never thought of Ikea, but I think a futon may be too big for me.

I love my Nemo Cosmo Pad. 22 countries and counting. . .

Well, that's not much of a long term evaluation!:p Thanks for the link.

Jim1960

Observer
When i'm backpacking or using the minimalist thing, the BA insulated pad is the bomb. Packs small, comfy enough, and keeps you warm. One of my hiking buddies uses an Exped Downmat and swears by it.
(IMHO it is the same as the BA pad with down instead of Primloft and twice the price!)

When it's a truck camping trip, I go all out and bring a 4in thick futon! Yea it's big and doesn't pack too well. But I gotta you, I sleep better on that than I do at home!

+1 on the BA

I have used every Thermarest made with dismal results. The BA insulated Air Core is by far the best. In fact when my home mattress finally got uncomfortable I popped the BA on it and used it for 2 months straight till I could afford a new mattress. It's guaranteed against failure and the seems are solid as a rock. However, it's a bear to blow up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94