Need: Good 4x4 Shop in Salt Lake City UT?

bravelion

Hi,
I paid a deposit and hopped on a plane yesterday to come buy a 4x4 camper van in SLC UT. Anyone know a good 4x4 shop here who can examine the 2001 Chevy Express 3500 van w/Quigley? I already have a regular mechanic lined up for tomorrow morning to check the engine and normal "buyer check" stuff, but they don't get into the "RV stuff" related to the build, house batteries, etc, and they don't see Quigley setups every day.

Photobug

Good luck in your search, I just bought an RV from 1700 miles away, It is hard to get a shop to fit you in at the last moment.

On my recent buy, which was not a 4x4 I just relied on the Ford dealership to inspect the vehicle for mechanical issues, I got them to do inspections above and beyond their normal checklist. I relied on my own knowledge for RV systems testin. I simply ran each system to see that they were working at the time. A full RV company inspection was $700, they were going to ensure the windows darkening film was not bubbling, and etc.. I figured I could repair most systems for less than that. I would guess any mechanic shop even without specific knowledge could see if a 4wd system is in bad shape.

highwest

Paul’s Automotive in Sandy? Not necessarily 4x4-specific, but I’ve had a couple good experiences there.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
Give Reparadise a try. I bet they can cover both aspects of the inspection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior