Need Conqueror Transported GA to NY

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
anyone heading from Atlanta area to New York area?? need my new conqueror basecamp towed up. can help with all the driving expenses etc...

Wagon Burner

A guy named danny deliverd mine. Dean set it up. Nice guy to work with.

Talked to Danny on Monday, Unfortunatly he's booked for the next three weeks. Found a website www.uship.com list your item and the shippers bid on it. I got mine delivered from Atlanta to Oregon 785.00 this was directly from the owner/driver, not some broker. The first couple of hits I got were brokers in the $1,700.00 range, and I simply rejected the bid and it pops up with a window asking reason. and I put in too high. It took three days to get the bids down to something reasonable. $1,000.00 range was pretty common.

I kept at it until I got a bid from a guy with 100% rating and I e-mailed and worked out the details.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
I went and grabbed it today, towed very nice. I'll be bringing it to my home on Friday, Trail Monkey will pick up saturday. Wish i had bought one... :drool:

James, your uncle is a very nice guy. Got your PM, i'll call you tomorrow am with address.

On I-20 in Georgia.

conqueror002.jpg

And in the parents back yard in SC.

conqueror005.jpg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Wish I had some time off and could've helped...
Looks good behind that Ford; keep your eyes open for one.:smiley_drive:

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
This is a classic example of how the Overlanding community can help each other out. John (OverlandXJ) has been great and worked it into his schedule as well as went out of his way to get my trailer. Thanks again John..

Im jealous though now, im the only one who hasnt seen the trailer yet... cant wait till Saturday. :wings:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Yeah, props to John. Great neighbor helping neighbor and Golden Rule philosophy!

It'll come back to you 10 fold John!

Dendy

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Your welcome James, look forward to meeting you saturday.

I once dropped my RTT, MikeS (AutohomeUS) and Martyn (AT) went out of their way to get me a replacement part. It was my turn to pay it forward.

Besides i wanted to see how cool it'd look behind my rig. :sombrero:

:smiley_drive:

ConquerorXJ002.jpg

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Dang John.... That thing looks right at home behind the XJ!

Kudos for stepping up and helping out a fellow ExPo'er

~James

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Wait till' this poor guy hits the LIE...he'll wish he was back in GA :smiley_drive:

Nice job stepping up...can't wait to see this setup in live action shots!:coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior