Need android help - BCN on Kindle Fire - Permissions issues

kf4zht

Need some android help. While I am a nerd of many categories android and phone in general are not one of them.

I run a Kindle Fire 5th gen with BCN Pro and a Dual XGPS. It has worked in the past quite well, but every now and then it needs some TLC due to the fact that none of it should work together. Right now I am fighting an issue that has me stuck and appears to be related to a recent system update. It is running fireos 5.3.6.4.

Due to the very limited space built into the device everything gets stored on the SD card. In the past this worked fine, and files are even still in that folder, however now the program cannot read any of those files and can't download any new maps, waypoints, tracks, etc. If I change it back to internal it works fine. Problem is that is basically kills all the internal storage.

It seems to be all permissions related. I found some notes that there were restrictions on SD card writing on the BCN page, but the directions don't seem to apply to the kindle. Has anyone seen this and have any advice? If not I may take advantage of BF to upgrade to a non-kindle device

Yuccahead

Adventurer
Some possibly obnoxious suggestions. Have you tried a different SD card or removing and reinserting the one you have perhaps combined with a reboot?
I have a new Fire HD 10 and so far find it too clunky to think about using for something like this. Come to think of it, I always get frustrated when working with BCN as well. It never seems to download all of the map areas that it says it's downloaded. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles