Need a dimension from a Warn M12000 or M15000 winch

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Need some help here

I am looking for a total width dimension of a Warn M12000 or M15000 Winch. I need it from left to right case end to case end WITHOUT the control box mounted on the winch. The dimensional image that Warn has shows overall width with the control box mounted. I think its like a 1/2" shorter with out the box. Please offer as precise numbers as you can.

Thanks

I have an M15000. I'm confused about what you're wanting. The control box on mine sits on the top of an ARB bumper and the winch is tucked back inside. The picture on the Warn website shows the box sitting on top of the windings but it doesn't appear that it's sitting proud (to the right) of the case. I'd say their dimensions are right on..very close to what I was able to measure with a winch tucked into a bumper, and in the dark. Or are we talking about a different dimension...sometimes width vs. length vs. depth can be misinterpreted? :sombrero:

PMA4x4

Adventurer
If you look where the arrow is it appears the control box may extend just a hair past the casing. if that image is correct then the casing maybe be like a 1/4" shorter or whatever. Thats what I am trying to find out. I am building a new bumper and with an M15000 its just like right there fer hitting part of the bumper.

m15-2.jpg

I was able to get the info from another forum I posted in regards to the M12000 which is 24.3/8" I just need get M15000 info.

I hadn't seen that schematic before you posted it. I Googled "warn m15000 dimensions" and it took me to their site which showed a photo of the winch and accompanying info. In the photo you can see that the box sits inboard of the case end...different than the schematic view. I can't get to my winch adequately enough to get an exact measurement but since the photo shows the box not extending beyond the case, I'd figure that the 25.2" measurement noted on their website is pretty accurate.

On the same note, I had the chance to trade emails and phone calls with Warn after OEX11 on related matters. I found their customer service to be excellent...far beyond what my experience and expectations with other equipment mfrs. has been. Try giving them a call and talking to a live voice. You may be able to find your answer.

Good luck! :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior