Need a bit of help with a part in the US.

Neil

Observer
I am trying to source a clutch master cylinder in the US. Part number
A0012956006

I am in South America but someone in the US is flying out in a few weeks and can bring it with them.

If anyone knows a company in the IS who might be able to get this part I would be very grateful. It was fitted to many models and some MAN trucks also.

Thanks in advance

Neil

ZMagic97

Explorer
Are you able to have it delivered in the mail? If so, I found a place that ships anywhere:

I hope this helps.

Neil

Observer
Thanks for the pointers. I looked on eBay and although there are several they are all shipping from Europe with big shipping costs attached. I will look at the other options you have kindly pointed to

Thanks

Neil

Observer
I know some European companies state they will ship anywhere, but I have tried this before and it always becomes a customs nightmare. That's why I was hoping to source it in the US and have it bought over here in some hand luggage .

Neil

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
I know some European companies state they will ship anywhere, but I have tried this before and it always becomes a customs nightmare. That's why I was hoping to source it in the US and have it bought over here in some hand luggage .

Neil
How long before your hand luggage arrives (shipping can sometimes be slow if you select more reasonable prices)? Been pretty hard to find parts in the USA for these trucks. I have ordered some smaller things from Europe. This listing https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clutch-Mas...sh=item23b45ec872:g:O1sAAOSwkDtcPvms#shpCntId seems to be not super expensive but the shipping takes time. Even with our current administrations feelings towards global trade we have not had any problems getting things delivered.

Sitec

Adventurer
Hi guys.

I can price one up here in Adelaide if you like, but by the time I get it and then ship it to you it'd prob be 10 days off...

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Whats the damage to the original unit? If its just the seals, its possible a local hydraulics supplier may have suitable seals.

Neil

Observer
Thanks for all the great offers. The unit hasn't failed completely. It's a bit of a mystery but every morning it has lost a lot if pressure . Over the next 20km the pressure returns., the next morning the same. I am losing no fluid. My Theory is that the cylinder is actually letting air in over night. With the vibration of driving and a few depressions this sir is simply rising out of the cylinder and travelling up the small tube and bubbling out in the reservoir. . The next day start again.

I am looking to source one and keep it handy in anticipation that it will eventually start to lose fluid.

I have a friend coming out from the US and meeting me in Colombia at Xmas so thought they could bring it out, hence trying to source one in the US. It would appear that most are shipped from Europe to order.

I will keep looking and fingers crossed it hangs on.

It's been like this for about 2000 km

Thanks for the offers and ideas, I am going to persevere with the US angle first.

Neil

Neil

Observer
Thanks for all the great offers. The unit hasn't failed completely. It's a bit of a mystery but every morning it has lost a lot if pressure . Over the next 20km the pressure returns., the next morning the same. I am losing no fluid. My Theory is that the cylinder is actually letting air in over night. With the vibration of driving and a few depressions this sir is simply rising out of the cylinder and travelling up the small tube and bubbling out in the reservoir. . The next day start again.

I am looking to source one and keep it handy in anticipation that it will eventually start to lose fluid.

I have a friend coming out from the US and meeting me in Colombia at Xmas so thought they could bring it out, hence trying to source one in the US. It would appear that most are shipped from Europe to order.

I will keep looking and fingers crossed it hangs on.

It's been like this for about 2000 km

Thanks for the offers and ideas, I am going to persevere with the US angle first.

Neil

Neil

Observer
There is a good chance I might have found the issue.

It would appear that the previous owner who was the German Army might have made a modification to my vehicle.

Just downstream of the master cylinder below the cab floor I discovered a brass compression joint in the pipe that shouldn't be there.

Anyway , one side of this union was only finger tight.

Although there was no evidence of fluid loss it could be a likely place for air ingress allowing it to rise up into the cylinder.

All tight now so let's see if it improves.

Thanks to everyone who offered help and advice, especially diplostrat who has been communicating with me behind the scenes.

Neil

Neil

Observer
Not sure. It still has issues but not as bad . The day always starts with low pressure but after 10 mins its all good again.

It's worse at altitude so I am guessing that air is still getting in somewhere

Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94