Need 12volt Air for your rig?

Azlugz

Adventurer
I broke the air switch on my OBA setup and needed a replacement and also wanted to look into and air setup for the truck to use on recoveries.

Buzzard Gultch is where my Puma came from so I called for a new switch and they are sending it out at a good price. Found out they are having a Christmas sale on there 12V compressors. Free shipping over $250 ($12.50 shipping on the single tank compressor alone) abd cut prices on the compressors.

Single tank PUMA, 135 PSI, 1 Horsepower Air Compressor, Oil-Less Compressor, 3.4 CFM @ 40 PSI, 3 CFM @ 90 PSI, 12 Volt (no hookups), 1.5 Gal Capacity is $229.95 ($30 off norm)

Twin Tank PUMA, 135 PSI, 1 Horsepower Air Compressor, Oil-Less Compressor, 3.4 CFM @ 40 PSI, 3 CFM @ 90 PSI, 12 Volt (no hookups), 3 Gal Capacity(add says 2 but wrong) is $249.95 ($40 off norm)

These are AWESOME little compressors and will air my 80PSI truck tires with no problems, can run air tools and will air my Jeep and 2 of a friends Toyota tires in the time it takes him to air just the other two tires with his modded MV50. I just ordererd the twin tank rig for my truck!!! Should be here Wednesday or Thursday.

Not a great pic but....
attachment.php

This is there normal page with the regular add and you can look at other pages to see what all they sell. Call and Talk to Cheryl!!!
http://www.buzzardgulch.com/page104.htm

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
The ad says 2g and I believe it's probably correct. The single tank is quite a bit longer than the compressor, but the twin tanks are about the same length as the compressor.

So it looks like either a single 1.5g tank or a pair of 1.0g tanks.

esh

Explorer
Those are pretty good prices considering what the package includes. Just a standalone PacBrake compressor is $250 and ExtremeAires are around $400. Claimed HP keeps changing on that pump.. I think it is a 3/4HP motor but the regular catalog page says 1HP and the sale page claims 1.5HP. :confused:

Would still toss the tanks for larger, but that pump is as good as it gets for 12V value.

Azlugz

Adventurer
they are 3/4 with 1HP peak, no clue how the screwed up the HP on the sale flyer!!! Their web site skills are very definately lacking!

Here is the dataplate off the single tank unit I have been using for a while. I can post the info for the twin tank unit as soon as it comes in.

index.php

Azlugz

Adventurer
The individual that said it looked like 2 one gallon tanks was right, when it came in it also says 2 gal cap on the plate. The lady there appologized and refunded the difference between the 2 models, tho I told her I was just letting her know for other callers. Buzzard Gultch has been great to work with and it showed up exactly when they said it would!!!

Anyway, here is the unit, it will go in the truck for recoveries.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Been using the Puma for a couple years. A couple weeks ago it ran for almost 4½ hours. Dont see an advantage with twin tanks for airing tire though.

Azlugz

Adventurer
Been using the Puma for a couple years. A couple weeks ago it ran for almost 4½ hours. Dont see an advantage with twin tanks for airing tire though.

Just a bit more air at the assumed 3 gallons (at 2 gallons it isn't worth it) to help air tools.

I also have to put longer cables on it as i really don't think that will reach the battery on an 09 F350 diesel 4x4!!!!! Eventually I want to hardmount this in the truck, my single tank unit will be hardmounted in the Jeep.

Junkinduck

Observer
Know this is an old thread however I now need air on my truck. Been looking at all of the options and this looks like a winner.
Would someone post the approximate dimentions and amp draw? Want to put it in the tool box with an Anderson connector. Also plan a 5 gallon tank on the frame. Want to quick couple the compressor so it can be removed and stay portable. Will either cut vents in the box or not run unless open. Main need for air at this point is air bags to smooth out towing the camper other uses always need air at the camp site. Bicycle tires to pool or in most cases pond floats.

Enigma

Observer
Bump, due to spam, 1hp off 12V, how long would that run, better, how many batteries do you need? :)

I think the link to the 'mud post above will answer your questions. But it will run as long as you need it to (an earlier post in this thread by landcruiserphil stated he had his runngig for 4 1/2 hours). You only need one battery, but it would be wise to have the vehicle running when operating the compressor, they draw a fair bit of amperage, up to 40 amps.

SoCalMonty

Explorer
I routinely go from 15psi to 35psi on 33x12.5's. I use the ever-popular Q Industries MV50 (aka Tsunami). $65. It's small, fast, and affordable. I can't count the number of 4-wheelers I know who use this unit, and those that I know personally have had them for a few years.

Works for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior