Near Seattle WA adventure rig install shop?

trabs00

Lifetime Social Distancer
Fellow members, looking for some help/ suggestions.
I'm soon to be moving on from a canopy, decked drawers and a RTT to a hiatus hard shell pop up topper.
I'd like to get a bit more refined with this build. My current setup is Yeti cooler, National Luna portable Power pack (mounted, not easily removable), to power a simple water pump, lights, fans and a few chargers etc.
I'd like to have some professional work done for this build
Ex: propex heater, vitron power system with lithium battery with possible solar in the future.
A counter build out, maybe a few bench seats with storage. Etc.

I've decently handy and have done a lot of my truck upgrades, lighting, suspension, other accessories etc. But an issue with my hand and valuing my time over the $ ATM for some of this stuff makes me want to find a place with good experience to do an interior build out.

I'm looking for a place like:
Zero Declination
TAV

We have Mule expedition outfitters nearby, but they told me they really do not do interior build outs.

I can't seem to find any places nearby.

Anyone know a place in the Puget sound area have a place that they know can do some work like this? I'm also willing to travel 4-5hours+ if it's a good place.

I'm getting the Hiatus probably the end of September so I want to get in the queue somewhere on some interior work in the meantime.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, or a better thread to post this also if applicable.
Thanks
Travis

trabs00

I see this place near me (SODO seattle) and though it appears unlikely that they specialize in anything more generic than vans, it wouldn't hurt to contact them. https://www.peacevans.com/
Yeah I came across them and a couple of other bougie looking #vanlife places in Seattle, probably not the experience I want. Although with the steep decline in new #vanlife folks they might want to explore other build types

trabs00

Mule's reply; " Build outs inside is not something we do typically."
That wasn't very encouraging to have me believe I would want to bug them to do something that they don't typically do, I would prefer someplace with more experience.

Mule's reply; " Build outs inside is not something we do typically."
That wasn't very encouraging to have me believe I would want to bug them to do something that they don't typically do, I would prefer someplace with more experience.
Yes, when I began shopping around the various dealers, I learned that more often than not, they only handle accessorizing such as adding lights, awnings, and other misc items. But if it came down to larger scale add-ons like cutting in a skylight, pass-through window, framework for cabinets etc, they're really have no experience performing those kinds of accouterments.

trabs00

Yes, when I began shopping around the various dealers, I learned that more often than not, they only handle accessorizing such as adding lights, awnings, and other misc items. But if it came down to larger scale add-ons like cutting in a skylight, pass-through window, framework for cabinets etc, they're really have no experience performing those kinds of accouterments.

Yep. Which for me is the easy stuff to do / things I have already done to my truck... Hard to find a place for the examples you gave / things I want done next

trabs00

Hey Trabs, Quade Sheehan at Overland Adventure Truck in Olympia would be worth getting ahold of. Ask if he’s willing to do something.

Chris
Looks like a good place, unfortunately their website has this:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230519_142254_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230519_142254_Chrome.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 13

danneskjold

There’s a guy in Yakima who runs a woodworking shop and has been dabbling in adventure vehicle building. Does really clean work - Trickett Woodworks and you can find his info on Google.

How We Adventure, LLC in Bend could probably do it.

Overland Van Project in Portland as well.

Last edited:

trabs00

There’s a guy in Yakima who runs a woodworking shop and has been dabbling in adventure vehicle building. Does really clean work - Trickett Woodworks and you can find his info on Google.

How We Adventure, LLC in Bend could probably do it.

Overland Van Project in Portland as well.
Thanks for the leads. I don't know why I didn't think to just look for places in Bend, the there's gotta be a bunch of places there that could do this type of work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles