NATO G Wagons

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
Being a military vehicle collector I'm always on the lookout for new and unusual items. I came across these and thought they could serve a dual purpose with a couple of my hobbies. They're a little out of my price range once you take into consideration the import costs but thought I'd pass them along to the group.

Gwagon.png Euro trailer.png

Here's the website for any interested : http://exmod-uk.com/index.php

And here are some prices:

Penman cargo trailers just released from military service in excellent condition, 2006, as is
£1,850​

Mercedes G Wagon 250 Wolf 61,500 Km's 5x New Hutchinson Bead lock 16" wheels with BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tyres Front Heavy Duty Bull Bar Light Guards to front Indicators and headlights
£24,000​

Mercedes Benz 250 G Wagon, ex. MOD, 15,000 kilometres only, 1992, direct from the military the vehicle is in original condition
£15,000​

Mercedes Benz 250GD wolf. LHD This is the first 250GD wolf to be released to us from the military, the vehicle is in excellent condition from 10,000 to 60,000 km's kilometres only, 1992 , (as is)
£14,700​
Mercedes Benz 250GD wolf. This is the first 250GD wolf to be released to us from the military, the vehicle is in excellent condition (fully serviced, repainted in any color and ready to go)
£17,500​

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
If I was looking for a G Wagon specifically I'd think these were outstanding prices. Especially for an overlanding build where the lack of power windows, heated leather seats, and all the other cushy standard MB stuff being missing is actually a plus (less stuff to break down). I just can't justify the expense with the current exchange rate (and current marital status - meaning I'd like to stay married). It's tough to get a realistic value since you can't really compare a former military vehicle on NADA where you're just going to find standard civilian vehicles but I still think they're reasonable.

erstwild

Oh my god...somebody on here really needs to buy and convert one of the box versions:

If I was still on the market, this might have been amazing. I don't think you could get one in CA though.

1578516699104.png

erstwild

Looks too new to be imported as an on road vehicle (USA). Still needs to follow the 25 year rule.

I reached out for additional details and pricing for other interested parties who might see this. These are 1994, Left Hand Drive, only 15k km, $28,800 for full service/preparation and new paint in any color, and $3,300 to ship to a SF Bay Area port (just example, I don't think you could register in CA). This would be a great base vehicle for someone on here to convert!

Reactions: plh

Lajning

Observer
Oh my god...somebody on here really needs to buy and convert one of the box versions:

If I was still on the market, this might have been amazing. I don't think you could get one in CA though.

I saw a build just like that on this very forum several years ago. If I'm not mistaken they went to Iceland with it. Try searching and you might find it. Very cool build.

Roverchef

Adventurer
I brought one in for a client a year or two ago. Great starting platform. Cleaned up the fuel delivery/induction system and it was happy cruising @ 60mph.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94