National Luna Portable Powerpack + Solar?

Rakkasan3187

Hey guys. So I just recently purchased a National Luna portable power pack to power my Snomaster 56D fridge and misc. electronics. Now I am at the next phase which is to get solar added. Ill be honest I don't know much about solar and need some advice. Has anyone hooked a solar system to there NLPP and does anyone have some advice on parts I would need. I appreciate the help.
lwv3QYd.jpg

Mccaf

Adventurist
Sorry I misread your post in the other thread...
Power pack
Just took a look at that beast. Do I understand you want to use solar to charge a deep cycle battery inside the power Pack?

Rakkasan3187

Sorry I misread your post in the other thread...
Power pack
Just took a look at that beast. Do I understand you want to use solar to charge a deep cycle battery inside the power Pack?

No worries. Yes sir that is what I am trying to accomplish.

familymad

By connecting your solar direct into the power pack via an anderson connector you would have an easy plug and play. So unplug the connection to the vehicle (red charge input) and plug in solar. The relay would sense the input voltage as the vehicle alternator and run thorough it’s 3min test followed by allowing a charge. That’s how I run mine.

WOODY2

Adventurer
By connecting your solar direct into the power pack via an anderson connector you would have an easy plug and play. So unplug the connection to the vehicle (red charge input) and plug in solar. The relay would sense the input voltage as the vehicle alternator and run thorough it’s 3min test followed by allowing a charge. That’s how I run mine.
So you are not using a solar controller?

@Rakkasan3187 I run a similar setup and use solar panels>controller>connected directly to battery via fused connection. I use the gray anderson plug out to a blue sea fuse block. The fuse block has my fridge, sink, lights, etc all wired to it. I like to go directly to the battery for charging with solar as the controller is able to monitor the health of the battery and not over charge it. BTW I love that drop down fridge setup. I am in the process of building up another rig which is the brand new Colorado Zr2 diesel and I also currently have the Decked drawers. I am really on the fence about getting an ARB fridge slide for my Arb fridge or going Alu-Cab tilting or the Eezi-Awn drop down slide.

How is the National Luna PPP mounted to the back of the fridge slide care to show a detailed pic of this?

Rakkasan3187

Thanks for the help guys. So I received my Overland solar 120w kit the other day and got it all hooked up. Not much to hook up other than plug the solar into the 50amp grey Anderson plug on th NLPP. I wish there was a way that I could monitor the volts the panels are pushing to the NLPP. As for how the NLPP is mounted to the slide. A buddy of mine helped me fab up a mount that we welded to the back of the slide. This way when I pull the fridge out the NLPP comes with it. Giving me better access to the outlets on it.

Rakkasan3187

Also does anyone have a good recommendation for a inverter to buy. I looked at REDARC, but dam they are proud of their stuff.

john61ct

Adventurer
Xantrex is good but terrible CS attitude.

Magnum is the best, Vanner, Victron, MasterVolt, Sterling, Outback, ProMariner but pricey.

Samlex and Tripplite solid middle ground. I've heard Morningstar is good.

billybronco

hey guys,

i've got a NLPP along w/ an overland solar 100w panel myself am am looking for charge controllers at the moment. probably going to redarc. my question; however, is that you guys keep mentioning the gray andersons......I thought the gray andersons were power OUT (ie-like the one providing power to my ARB fridge).......the red andersons are for power IN. aren't you guys looking to SUPPLY power to the NLPP and not PULL from it? clearly, i'm missing something. thanks

john61ct

Adventurer
You can use colors to signify whatever you like.

Not to mention electrons can flow in either direction on any circuit, all depwnds on your system's design.

sb50-sb-series-50-amp-anderson-powerpole-kit_580.jpg

billybronco

huh. i'll be damned. ok then......i'm obviously a newb. Equipt 1's site mentions red in and gray out. not to mention the fact that i'm 90% positive they're not interchangeable. i swear i tried making the gray fit in the red female end on my powerpack and it wouldn't go. thanks....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz