Nate's 100 series family camping and DD build

nmatcek

Adventurer
Nice rig you're building!

Question for your regarding the snorkel and antenna. Once the antenna is removed is the remaining hole in the fender covered completely by the Safari Snorkel or is it partially covered? Just curious from an asthetic standpoint. I don't mind ditching the power antenna as I listen to Sirius/XM but not crazy about an exposed hole showing in the fender.
Thank you. The opening is not very visible. Also FM still comes in fine without the power antenna.
uploadfromtaptalk1446066493275.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446066507940.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

nmatcek

Adventurer
My buddy does differentials, gears, axles, etc for a living so I spent the day at his house yesterday.

uploadfromtaptalk1446473580520.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446473593819.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446473606976.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446473617769.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446473628205.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446473640994.jpg

Rear air locker is in with all new bearings and inner axle seals. I also replaced the rear brake pads while I had the calipers off.
I chose to upgrade the pinion crush sleeve to a solid spacer as well.
I still have to install the air line and switch but it's all back together and drivable at the moment.

Go4Lo

Explorer
My buddy does differentials, gears, axles, etc for a living so I spent the day at his house yesterday.
Rear air locker is in with all new bearings and inner axle seals. I also replaced the rear brake pads while I had the calipers off.
I chose to upgrade the pinion crush sleeve to a solid spacer as well.
I still have to install the air line and switch but it's all back together and drivable at the moment.

Thanks for the snorkel pics and nice upgrade on the ARB! Maybe I missed it but are you changing gear ratios as well or just adding the Air Locker?

nmatcek

Adventurer
Just adding the locker for now. that nitro gear box on the table was just the master install kit with bearings, seals, and optional solid pinion spacer. I doubt I'll ever regear as for now I plan on sticking with the 275/70r18s and it drives well with the stock gears.

Go4Lo

Explorer
Just adding the locker for now. that nitro gear box on the table was just the master install kit with bearings, seals, and optional solid pinion spacer. I doubt I'll ever regear as for now I plan on sticking with the 275/70r18s and it drives well with the stock gears.

I'm with you on the re-gear. Even with the 295s on my truck I feel the power is more than acceptable as is. Keep up the good work. :sombrero:

nmatcek

Adventurer
Locker install is all buttoned up. I used some rubber vacuum line to insulate the air line.
uploadfromtaptalk1446566067165.jpg

Should be enough room there for a front switch......one day maybe.

uploadfromtaptalk1446566084212.jpg

Hey Nathan,

Thanks for the snorkel template. Planning to install ASAP. Can't believe the wife threw away the one in the kit..... I mean it was all only in the middle of the living room floor! :)

I haven't looked under the fender well liner yet, did you just unplug the power antenna to prevent it form going up and down and left it under the fender? I too haven't found any difference with the antenna down or up.

Last edited:

nmatcek

Adventurer
Hey Scott

No problem, glad you got it. Sorry it took so long for me to mail it. Does it seem to match up with your snorkel? I left the whole power antenna unit in the fender. Obviously it has to be unbolted but I secured it underneath. Great reception still. Also, make sure you buy a handful of those plastic push pin retainers for the liner....even with the right tools those little buggers like to snap off.

nmatcek

Adventurer
Got some new shoes today.
uploadfromtaptalk1450141192181.jpguploadfromtaptalk1450141205861.jpg

275/70r18 Cooper ST Maxx. Had them on my last truck and my brother is on the 3rd set on his Tundra. We beat the snot out of those tires and never had any type of failure.

Sempertoy

Explorer
Nice hundy man, I'm in the process of buying one and I'm in San Antonio as well. We should meet up and wheel some time.

Go4Lo

Explorer
Those Coopers look great! I almost went with them on my truck, just couldn't find the right deal at the time.

Last edited:

nmatcek

Adventurer
Those Coopers look great! I almost went with on my truck, just couldn't find the right deal deal on them at the time.
Thanks! I think they look better in person. They definitely weren't the cheapest option. Read as "ouch that hurt.". But the st maxx has proven itself to me already and it's going to be hard to get me to buy any other tire in the foreseeable future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior