Napa awning

wandererr

Adventurer
Buddy of mine pinged me about it and I figure it's a great price and if I don't like it, I can take it back. Also if you are a AAA member you get an additional 10% off!

Might put it on the back of the trailer or the side of the jeep. Not sure yet ;)

WOODY2

Adventurer
Yep I picked up a spare for that price. A killer add-on is the room and shade that can attach to it from Ironman 4x4 for $249 with a 20% off sale.

Last edited:

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
That’s super cheap. If it’s decent I think the other brands selling Chinese awnings are going to have a challenge competing.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
This probably belongs in the awning forum. In the same way I'd never put a Harbor Freight clone winch on my vehicle, or a Walmart clone cooler, I certainly wouldn't put an auto parts store clone awning on it either. A strong sense of self-respect prevents me from engaging in such activities.

krick3tt

Adventurer
For the most part clones are a ripoff of the original company's parts. The original company that did all the research and made the thing to fit on a particular vehicle or roof rack. There are some things that are just as good and the price difference will draw a certain cliental to the item regardless of quality. Complaints roll in and the buyer discovers the clone probably isn't going to be serviced as well as a reputable item. I buy a good quality item and use it with confidence.
I do buy my oil at Napa.

WOODY2

Adventurer
This probably belongs in the awning forum. In the same way I'd never put a Harbor Freight clone winch on my vehicle, or a Walmart clone cooler, I certainly wouldn't put an auto parts store clone awning on it either. A strong sense of self-respect prevents me from engaging in such activities.
It's an awning, not a safety rated item so for many it is a viable option. Realistically most awnings get carried around and deployed 1% of the time so a cost effectiveness can be factored in. There are many that prefer to carry a tarp and guy lines or just find a shade tree. Everyone can pick their method of finding shade.

ripperj

Explorer
For the most part clones are a ripoff of the original company's parts. The original company that did all the research and made the thing to fit on a particular vehicle or roof rack. There are some things that are just as good and the price difference will draw a certain cliental to the item regardless of quality. Complaints roll in and the buyer discovers the clone probably isn't going to be serviced as well as a reputable item. I buy a good quality item and use it with confidence.
I do buy my oil at Napa.

You think ARB invented the awning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WOODY2

Adventurer
That is an incredible buy.
Until yesterday I'd be there picking up two...
But today I realize the need to build my own for the local August snow loads.
View attachment 679993
Oh boy this thread could spark interest from Rube Goldbergs and Thomas Edisons, heated shade coverings. How long before someone copies the proposed enhancements? Bet waking up to the snow was a shocker. Think I'll wander back to the 12v heated blanket thread. Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles