NADA value on ER and GXV rigs?

Momodolo

I have 30 yrs experience in the conventional RV business. We used to see this issue a lot with very limited quantity production units. There are actually a couple of reasons for this.
1. The data is compiled from the reported sale prices as entered through the BMV (Bureau of Motor Vehicles) systems. This is a very accurate way of getting an average value when you can use 45 used sales of, let's say, a 2010 Winnebago Vista 35F from all around the country. This is, however, a very poor way when there may have only been 1 (or often zero) pre-owned sales of say a 2016 EarthCruiser EXP or a very specific GXV (that may have only had 2 or 3 built in that model year to begin with.)
2. BMV employees are not often experts in the RV business, not to mention the expedition vehicle market, and I have seen many...many cases of a motor home, lets say a 2010 Winnebago Vista 35F again, being incorrectly titled as either just a Winnebago or more often as "Ford Motorhome"! So that means the sale of that unit never even gets recorded as a Vista 35f, therefore it can't help establish an average value. This isn't as big a deal when there are 45 of them sold and perhaps 6 of them got categorized improperly, but it is a huge deal if 1 of 2 or 1 of 1 didn't get accounted for. If NADA doesn't have enough data to properly determine an average, they will simply list it as N/A so as not to falsely place a value on a unit and accidentally over or under value the market.
I know this info doesn't really help you get approved for a loan, but it might help explain why the information isn't out there like we would like. The individual manufacturers, like us, (EarthCruiser) EarthRoamer and GXV can do very little to advise NADA on pre-owned values. Believe me, if we could.....we would.
I think I might start a new thread with some advise on how to best look for lenders and how to prepare for their questions. Keep an eye out!

Did you start a new thread with advice on finding lenders and preparing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier