N.A.R.V. - 2008 Chevy Express AWD Project

mazzstar26

I dont have stock offset. I went with a 0 offset on wheels. I believe stock is +45. If you have barn doors you should be fine in the back. I wanted to go with a -6 but glad I didnt because my slider door only opens 1/3 of the way now. As for the front, I have some minor rubing on inner side plastic when compressed or making a hard turn. It's not alot so I haven't dealt with it.
Awesome. Thanks for the insight. Switching to a 17x9 with a +1 offset to avoid any issues.

mazzstar26

I have zero offset as well and had that same issue with my slider. You can actually shim your slider track by unbolting it from the inside and putting some rubber washers as needed on the outside between the slider and the van body and then bolt it back in. Pretty easy to do. My door opens all the way now.
I hope this isn't a dumb question but you unbolted the slider from the actual door and then just reattached it through the washers? how much extra space did you buy yourself to clear the tires?

whith

Door stays on the whole time, you don’t touch it. You’ll be shimming the slider track away from the outside of the van body. I cant remember how many washers I used but I started with fewer towards the front and added a little more as it went back. You’ll need to unbolt it from inside the van. The bolts are welded to the inside of the slider track. Hope that makes sense.

06xpressAWD

I have zero offset as well and had that same issue with my slider. You can actually shim your slider track by unbolting it from the inside and putting some rubber washers as needed on the outside between the slider and the van body and then bolt it back in. Pretty easy to do. My door opens all the way now.
Awww man I wish I would've known that it was that easy before I insulated and built out the inside. Now I'm contemplating removing the door and heating the area that rubs with a torch and using a good ole hand sledge?

whith

Yea sorry. I should’ve said it’s easy if you don’t have cabinets etc sitting in front of where the track is bolted through....

mazzstar26

Know this post hasn’t seen much action but I was actually able to fit 275/70r BFG KO2s on 17x9 inch wheels with a -12 offset with about a 5 minute trim of one of the fenders that rubbed at full turn. Hope this helps someone!
A3F8677E-2AEC-4830-AE51-3FC74DF599B7.jpeg

Danieland4

Nice ? , I went with 17 's my self they feel smooth without lifting , be surprise what you can do with bigger tim stoppers in your van and bilstein shocks ...

Danieland4

They look healthy guys ???, heres a pic of my babies boots ?

Attachments

• 20210407_202801.jpg
    20210407_202801.jpg
    553 KB · Views: 20

Danieland4

Nice idea , what type of insulation did you tuck in ? Love the slim line look . Im trying to not close in to much of our van .. like it !

Danieland4

Wheel / Tire Size with the lift

Recently lifted my van 2.5" and was wondering if you think you could have gotten away with 275/70R17 without any modification and this would be without an offset/wider stance. Im about to pull the trigger on some BFG's and wondering if i should play it safe and go with 265/70R17 instead. Thanks and the van looks awesome man!
Think you can , thats what i did tinkin bumpers stops with bulisteines ???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles