My ZJ Overland from France/Belgium

And today, I'm finishing my tailgate tent... So I don't get caught in the rain when I'm cooking... It also lets me eat inside when I'm on my own...

The tent fits into a 15L waterproof bag... The fabric is 1100DTex...

I'll just have to test it in real life, but I think I'm a little too wide in the central part, hence the crease I've got on the edges...

30102023-MG-8460.jpg

30102023-MG-8468.jpg

30102023-MG-8461.jpg

30102023-MG-8462.jpg

Here's an additional project to stiffen the wheel carrier and jerry can... I thought it was a thickness problem compared to what's done... But having talked to 4 or 5 owners with similar bumpers, they all have the same problem... The steel wings of the bumper hit the body with the weight of the spare wheel, which creates a lever arm effect...

So, looking around, I came across the original Mopar mountings, which added a plate to the tailgate to close it, but also prevented it from swinging around...

IMG_7117.jpeg

So I'm starting to think about setting up a similar system, but I can't find anyone with the dimensions for this reinforcement plate...

So I took the opportunity to test a 3D scanner that you can carry in your pocket without necessarily knowing it... an iPhone which, for recent versions, has a Lidar, in my case I used an iPad which does the same job to scan the part of the tailgate that interests me... In terms of precision, well, we're not bad at all, I've got almost no errors on the cardboard patterns, a few adjustments, but it does the job...

Capture d’écran 2023-11-06 à 11.53.49.png

I've made a little video about the interior layout of my ZJ, if it gives you any ideas ;) There's a fridge slider missing, which shouldn't take too long to be sent for cutting and folding :)

Sorry it's in French, but the visual alone might give you some information... Or via automatic subtitling :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles