My White JKU Expedition Build

wADVr

Adventurer
Interesting read about the hard/soft tops. I was so excited this spring to pull the hard top and run the Offroad heros top I had at the time. One look at all the brackets and parts and pieces I said forget it and purchased a like new factory top on CL. I ran that in various options, my favorite being doorless, no sides on the jeep but the top portion in place. Found it nice to be able to sit in the shade and for the occasional rain storm I stayed mostly dry while I had to be out in it. Then my family vacation to Montana came along, over 100 degrees, AC on full blast and the jeep struggling to do much past 72 even on the flats. Long days made even more tiring with all the freeway road noise and battling the heat, I told myself next year we will come with the hard top on to be able to enjoy the trip. Now if it were just myself and a single passenger it might be a different story. But I came home and installed the hard top and it's been on since.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Interesting read about the hard/soft tops. I was so excited this spring to pull the hard top and run the Offroad heros top I had at the time. One look at all the brackets and parts and pieces I said forget it and purchased a like new factory top on CL. I ran that in various options, my favorite being doorless, no sides on the jeep but the top portion in place. Found it nice to be able to sit in the shade and for the occasional rain storm I stayed mostly dry while I had to be out in it. Then my family vacation to Montana came along, over 100 degrees, AC on full blast and the jeep struggling to do much past 72 even on the flats. Long days made even more tiring with all the freeway road noise and battling the heat, I told myself next year we will come with the hard top on to be able to enjoy the trip. Now if it were just myself and a single passenger it might be a different story. But I came home and installed the hard top and it's been on since.

Based on my driving, I will never put on a hardtop again. I bought the Jeep to enjoy the top off. Hardtop is just too much of a pain for me to deal with. Never like the idea of it dangling above my Jeep in the garage. The noise doesn't bother me now. Summers in Dallas are always hot and for the most part I am parked in the shade during 95% of the day. By the way, I'm single and don't answer to anyone else so I have the freedom to do what I want.

swift7777

°.lllllll.°
I've had my soft top on since day one. Nothing beats the envious looks from other drivers when you have the top down & doors off in the warmer months.

Last edited:

wADVr

Adventurer
Just thought the opinions/experience to be interesting. I'm sure mine will be doors and too off as early as bearable come spring! Maybe with half doors this go around though. One tip I have for keeping it cool is point the AC vents toward the roof if you're running it together. Seemed to be the best way to keep it cool inside.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
I added two more mods to my Jeep today. Since I love the Trek Armor seat covers so much I decided to add them to front as well. I also added an extended cage from Safari Straps. Loving the 70 degree weather finally!!

rumyge2e.jpg

pahyrugy.jpg

u6ajapag.jpg

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Installed the MCE fenders today. Pretty easy especially if you have another pair of hands to help. I think it really cleans up the front end of the Jeep. I thought the 35's would look too small, but I think they look pretty good with plenty of room for 37's.

rahebu2y.jpg

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Great looking jeep! I saw early in this thread that you are running ProComp 7069 wheels. I didn't see or may have missed the size. 16" or 17"?

DallasJKU

Adventurer
What did you do about the marker light? Are they just as wide as the stock ones? Do you reuse the inner liner?

No marker light right now. They have one that will drill into the hole below the fender. They are basically the same width give or take an inch. Yes I re-used the inner liner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles