My White JKU Expedition Build

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Just ordered some JKS swaybar disconnects, OME steering stabilizer and Grade 8 bolt upgrade kit for the CA's and trackbar. I didn't want to alter my swaybar brackets when I have the C's welded on so I went with the disconnects and get the side benefit of easier disconnecting. I wanted something better than the stock SS so I went with the OME, but didn't want any of the issues like can be seen sometimes with the pressurized ones. Finally, I wanted better bolts in my CA's and TB to avoid issues down the road.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Just installed my OME and it definitely makes a difference. I like it so far. Just need to paint it black. Also replaced my TB and LCA bolts with grade 8 bolts. And added JKS swaybar QD's.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
I think I will paint everything black behind the bumper and up to the tailgate to make bumper blend better.

Morb

Hey, could you expand a little on the issues you had with the lugs on the TF rear tire carrier? I'm planning on installing one of 'em shortly and I'd love to know about any pitfalls.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
What are your thoughts on the quality/durability of the MC bumper? Do you think it is tough enough to take some abuse, or is it pretty lightweight? It LOOKS good...

I'm pretty sure it can take some abuse. I would say it weighs about 60 lbs., but it is very sturdy.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Back to bumpers... I found a MC dealer nearby, so I might check out their pricing. I am part way through fabbing an ARB style front. Should come in at about 1/10th the cost.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Friday I have an appt to get my interior LineX'd. Anyone have any tips??

Is the shop doing the prep or you?

A helped a buddy of mine spray his TJ interior a few years ago. We pulled the whole interior, replaced bolts and covered the bolts with tape to keep the threads clean. Plan carefully for the things you may want or need to move later and make sure they don't get stuck down with linex. Make sure it's not sprayed on sealing surfaces as well.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Is the shop doing the prep or you?

A helped a buddy of mine spray his TJ interior a few years ago. We pulled the whole interior, replaced bolts and covered the bolts with tape to keep the threads clean. Plan carefully for the things you may want or need to move later and make sure they don't get stuck down with linex. Make sure it's not sprayed on sealing surfaces as well.

I'm letting the shop do it for me. It would take me forever and I don't have the patience to do the prep myself. I wonder if I need to take the hardtop off??

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
The prep time wasn't all that bad but it wasn't real fun either. We removed the top, stripped everything out, scuffed up the paint with a wire wheel or sand sponge where it was tough to reach. Cleaned with MEK or something I believe. Lots of time taping and covering everything with plastic. Sounds like they'll take care of it though. Removing the top couldn't hurt I suppose.

I'd like to spray the interior of mine but I'm not sure what product I would use. A lot of the DIY stuff is softer than line x, and line x shops want to charge an insane price to spray even if its prepped. I don't mind paying for a service but the guys I talked to were a rip off! FYI some of the spray on stuff is hard to clean, if you care to have it look nice. Mud is particularly difficult to scrub off.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
The prep time wasn't all that bad but it wasn't real fun either. We removed the top, stripped everything out, scuffed up the paint with a wire wheel or sand sponge where it was tough to reach. Cleaned with MEK or something I believe. Lots of time taping and covering everything with plastic. Sounds like they'll take care of it though. Removing the top couldn't hurt I suppose.

I'd like to spray the interior of mine but I'm not sure what product I would use. A lot of the DIY stuff is softer than line x, and line x shops want to charge an insane price to spray even if its prepped. I don't mind paying for a service but the guys I talked to were a rip off! FYI some of the spray on stuff is hard to clean, if you care to have it look nice. Mud is particularly difficult to scrub off.

I was quoted $725 with them prepping and tearing down. $525 if I do it. That is worth it to me!! It was the best mod I ever did for my TJ. I have an Australian Shepard and he sheds like crazy especially in the spring.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Somebody needs to stop me!! Just ordered JKS front track bar and Trek Armor rear seat cover. Next Monday, I will be getting interior LineX'd. I'm done for awhile hopefully. Still waiting for ORH soft top.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94