My Tdci 130 set up

Matto

Observer
You'll be fine up the cape. Seriously, you won't have a problem. Let me know when you're coming up and I'll have the beers ready for you.

You'll cruise through Nolan's. The people who get in trouble are the ones doing it RIGHT after the wet, or who go charging in. You'll be fine in June.

Are you going with anyone? Best insurance you can have is another car, as you well know. Worst case, if you do get really spooked or the water is really high, I know of people who've flat-towed a vehicle across the cape crossings just to be sure. A capable truck on the other side, a couple of snatch straps joined together, and the driver in the second car with the engine turned off and intake taped up. It's a bit extreme, but better than a blown motor.

Thanks for the info re: 110 and 130 too. It's all a bit of a pipe-dream at the moment, but I like to do my research :). Good to hear honest feedback like that from an owner who's familiar with the cars.

As mentioned above, get in touch if you do come up, always happy for an excuse to throw some food on the BBQ for a friendly visitor.

Cheers,
Matto :)

High Center

Adventurer
Stunning, in every respect.
Thanks for presenting Australia without a single mention of Salty, Taipan or Funnel web...

AND...what a lovely truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles