My Sony A7RII Arrives Tomorrow!

BretEdge

Adventurer
Well, that was easy. I pre-ordered a Sony A7RII back in June. Got a call today from Pictureline in SLC to say that it is on the way. It should be here tomorrow. Can't wait to make some 40" x 60" prints with all that resolution! After I've got some quality time with the A7RII I'll post a few thoughts here on the forum.

Unfortunately, I have to sell the Sony A7II I've been using for 5 months. Love the camera but I really can't justify three camera bodies. I'll be sad to see it go.

WininUtah

Adventurer
Cameras just get more incredible, wish I could justify another upgrade! Look forward to your impressions of it. I'm guessing I could use an adapter for my Canon L lenses?

BretEdge

Adventurer
Cameras just get more incredible, wish I could justify another upgrade! Look forward to your impressions of it. I'm guessing I could use an adapter for my Canon L lenses?

Yes, you can. And, the camera will auto-focus almost as fast with the adapter and your Canon lenses as they do natively on your Canon body.

Applejack

Explorer
Yes, you can. And, the camera will auto-focus almost as fast with the adapter and your Canon lenses as they do natively on your Canon body.

Which adapter? Certainly not the Metabones. I have that and it is soooo sloooooow to auto focus. I would like to know which one you use, I would be very interested in getting one if it made for snappy AF with non-native lenses.

BretEdge

Adventurer
Which adapter? Certainly not the Metabones. I have that and it is soooo sloooooow to auto focus. I would like to know which one you use, I would be very interested in getting one if it made for snappy AF with non-native lenses.

The Metabones Smart Adapter Mark IV. It *was* slow to auto-focus on all other A7 series cameras but the issue has been resolved with the A7R II. One reviewer even found that the A7R II focuses FASTER with Canon lenses than a 5 series Canon camera. Check out the review on Luminous Landscape.

Kiomon

Adventurer
do you shoot video at all? I was thinking about picking one up for a walk around 4k camera. I would use it primarily for video now that it does XAVC internally. Any real world thoughts on video would be appreciated.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
My buddy has the a77 mark II, its an AWESOME camera. By far my favorite interchangeable lens camera at this time. it's blazingly fast and has ALOT of cool features!

BretEdge

Adventurer
do you shoot video at all? I was thinking about picking one up for a walk around 4k camera. I would use it primarily for video now that it does XAVC internally. Any real world thoughts on video would be appreciated.

I shoot very little video and nothing seriously so I can't even begin to comment with any kind of authority. Sorry!

Ikarus

Observer
Well, that was easy. I pre-ordered a Sony A7RII back in June. Got a call today from Pictureline in SLC to say that it is on the way. It should be here tomorrow. Can't wait to make some 40" x 60" prints with all that resolution! After I've got some quality time with the A7RII I'll post a few thoughts here on the forum.

Unfortunately, I have to sell the Sony A7II I've been using for 5 months. Love the camera but I really can't justify three camera bodies. I'll be sad to see it go.

Very cool! I've completely switched over from Canon to Sony and I love my a7s. I'll be excited to hear how you like the a7rII - I might get one, but I'm hoping there's an a7sII in the works...

BretEdge

Adventurer
Very cool! I've completely switched over from Canon to Sony and I love my a7s. I'll be excited to hear how you like the a7rII - I might get one, but I'm hoping there's an a7sII in the works...

Yeah, I completely ditched Canon for Sony, too. The A7R II's backside illuminated sensor allows high ISO night photography on par with the A7S, but at 42 megapixels instead of 12. Pretty darn phenomenal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles