My Solo Wanderings of the West

zb39

Adventurer
Kenny, I just saw this. I'm sorry this site is now harder to use. Thats not the way it should be. I have followed your travels and have loved every minute. Please let us know where your posting at. I too know nothing about social media or twitter or any of the others. I guess I will learn if it means I can read about your travels. Please be safe and let us know. Thanks for the many posts and pics.

jvsontheroad

Kenny, I want to add my THANK YOU for all your efforts keeping us entertained with your travels. Like others, I have thoroughly enjoyed your writing, photos and interesting routes and locations.

Please do let your EP friends know when your postings find a new home. Many folks have enjoyed new places and roads thanks to you. Safe Travels my friend.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Dreaming of Jupiter
by Ted Simon
From $16.29
The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United Stat...
by TeriAnn Wakeman
From $64.95
Motorcycle Messengers: Tales from the Road by Writers who...
by Lois Pryce, Mark Richardson, Carla King, Sam Manic...
From $9.99
Motorcycle Messengers 2: Tales from the Road by Writers w...
by Jeremy Kroeker, Ted Simon, Lois Pryce, Billy Ward,...
From $9.99

Stitebunny

Adventurer
Same sentiments from me as well Kenny!
Let us know where to follow you at.
I’ll look forward to the same type of trip report no matter where I read and view it!
Wishing you the best!

Heading Out

Adventurer
Kenny,

Again, Thanks for sharing you adventures with us all, I have followed from the beginning over the years.

I have to tell you, this is an epic thread, awesome job. So sorry to see you go.

safe travels, godspeed.

kennyj

Explorer
Hi everybody! Thank you all so much for the well-wishes and nice comments. Here's a map of my most recent route. I had planned to head up through the Modoc Forest to central Oregon but its been really hot and the cool temps on the coast beckoned. I'll be continuing up the coast into Oregon today.

i'm still looking at alternates for sharing my travels. I'm afraid Instagram isn't for me, too much hashtag this and that. I actually have a blog site from earlier years of travel but I need to re-learn how to use it. So, til later...

z 07-19-18 map.jpg

Cabin Fever

Thank you Kenny! I have enjoyed every word and photo. You have inspired many of us. I hope you can find a medium to use where we can continue to follow along.
All the best.

RangerRocket

Observer
Concur with all of the other comments. We are finally full time on the road since June (currently in Maine). We will certainly use all of your posts to help plan our future travels out west.

Randall253

Kenny, with all the remote locations you go to, do you pack extra fuel with you? If so, what type of fuel can are you using? Or do you just fill up every chance you get? Thanks!

gt500

Sad to see you signing off. I started using this site just to follow your travels. You make it feel as though we travel with you. This is seriously one of best travelogues that I have seen. It appears that in your last year you made it through my hometown of Hurricane, UT and to my favorite view of the Grand Canyon, Toroweap. Enjoy your journey and share with us when you can.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Overlanding the Americas: La Lucha
by Mr Graeme Robert Bell
From $20
Vehicle-dependent Expedition Guide
by Tom Sheppard
From $133.97
Don't Go There. It's Not Safe. You'll Die.: And other mor...
by Jared McCaffree, Jessica Mans, Kobus Mans
From $19.99
Motorcycle Messengers 2: Tales from the Road by Writers w...
by Jeremy Kroeker, Ted Simon, Lois Pryce, Billy Ward,...
From $9.99

kennyj

Explorer
Kenny....where are you?
Haha, Hi ZB! Thanks for the shout-out. I am presently in Nebraska in the Sandhills. I made a couple maps to show my progress.

My last post had me in Crescent City California. From there I did the coast of Oregon, then went over to Eugene/Springfield to visit family for a couple weeks. From Springfield it was over the Cascades then across the scenic route 26 to the Blue Mountains. Then dropping down to the Boise area I headed up Idaho 21 into the Sawtooths area. What an amazing drive! I spent about 2 weeks in the Sawtooths, mostly around Stanley. I met another dual-sport guy there and did a lot of great riding.

3-crescent to ketchum.jpg

From Stanley I followed the Salmon River to Challis then across Idaho into Wyoming and the Wind River Range. I hit up the Granite Creek area, then all the way up to Green River Lakes, then up to Trails End outside Pinedale. Then taking the southern route, near Atlantic City I spent a week up FR300 in the southern part of the Wind Rivers. Again, lots of great riding! FR300 winds thru the mountain range for 30-40 miles then drops down into Lander, then this map leaves off at Lake Cameahwait outside Shoshoni.

4-stanley to riverton.jpg

From there I've moved on, through Casper and Douglas, to Chadron Nebraska and the Pine Ridge Forest then this weekend in the Sandhills at McKelvie National Forest. I'm headed now for Illinois for a visit, then I will be on my way to New Mexico.

I see ExPo has fixed some of the issues that caused me to stop posting. Maybe I'll pick it up again with some pics; I've got 1000s of new pics, many I haven't even reviewed yet!

Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments above. I really do appreciate the support. (y)