My small E250 project

barnstormer

Wanderer
So, this 93 E250 came home with me the other day, bought it over lunch break somewhat impulsively. Cheap enough, though. I think it'll be a simple weekender camper rig.

Anyway, it's a 93, 351w / 5.8l. basically stock everything except the tires (31" goodyears). Desperately needs all the steering stuff, but runs pretty well.

I'd like to do a 2" lift up front, and probably airbags in the back. I'd rather do a spring swap than a spacer. I've heard there's a stock F250 spring that will do that.... ? Some spacers on the rear to space the back out a bit.
Suggestions on the rest of the bits? Shocks?

Thanks!

van1.jpg

barnstormer

Wanderer
One of the reasons I went with the older model with a 351 was the bad rep that the later motors have with spitting out plugs, problems with the 6.0 diesel, or the cost of the 7.3.
For my needs, the 5.8 will do just fine. Good candidate for an engine project, too.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I doubt you will need to do much of anything to it.

My family so far has had 2 E-series with the 351w. A 1989 and a 1990

Both made it well past 300,000 miles without much of anything. Both towed 12k+ for a good deal of that mileage.

One of those vans is still in the family, still running on a bone stock 351. Needing nothing more than a water pump, new exhaust manifold, and routine maintenance items in 300k+ miles.

barnstormer

Wanderer
It's got 275k on it already. It runs great, doesn't smoke, leak or consume oil. I don't have a single record from it's life, but it was clearly well cared for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94