My Search is over "Tune Outdoors M1" in person!

schmugboy

Observer
Good news. Received a call today they are getting ready to start my build. I am making a trip up to Denver tomorrow to have take final measurements on my Ram 1500. They were good with me taking the measurements but I have the time to make a trip so I am going to meet them measure the bed out. Figured since this willl be their first Ram 1500 build that would be a better plan. Best guess was 1st week of May for completion. Going to do my best to wear it out starting in May!

Well I think I may speak for a few that hope you will post a review once you receive it and after some time enjoying it. especially considering your previous experience with some of the most popular pop up truck campers.

good luck.

Billincamo

Thanks, I will post once I receive it and keep you updated as I put some nights and miles in it. Ran back up to the factory a week ago with my Bluetti Solar charger to see if it would fit the rack built for a Goal Zero. Missed by one inch so I will be fabricating one of my own. Lots going on at the factory since one month ago, CNC machines etc… stacks of material for builds.
They measured my bed since its one of the first full size trucks they are doing a build for. Just a waiting game now. Which isn't to bad a thing, I am installing a leveling kit on the front end of my Ram and adding airbags to the rear.

Billincamo

Good news they are ready with an install date, bad news I'm out of town that week and have to reschedule. I'll have it in May!

The Tune M1 has some neat features: integrated tracks both inside and out, 'bump out' sides, big windows, more tent windows. However, their media is really lacking. It lacks genuine tours outside of slick videos and a few facebook posts. I'm really interested in it, but am hesitant because I just don't know enough. I'm weighing the Ovrlnd and the Project M too.

bleuchip

I haven’t looked at their Facebook but their Instagram has several short clips showing off camper features. Over the past month I believe their main focus has been building the first round of production units. Mine is set to be installed in the next week or so.

Once I have my camper and get some nights in I’m happy to share my experience.

Billincamo

Hi @Billincamo, are you planning to build out the inside or leave it mostly empty? I am somewhere around 25 on the M1 build list, so I hope to hear from them soon. Good luck!
Mostly empty, I have a Bluetti Solar Battery Pack That I will be mounting on a custom shelf in front wall and an ARB electric cooler on a slide out rack. I built a lower profile custom Decked system that is in the truck now. I plan on leaving it in as long as I have enough headroom. I'm 6'2"and think it will work. Otherwise I have a good sized plastic container I throw in with essentials when I go on a trip along with whatever equipment I need for that particular trip.

Bergger

Explorer
Mostly empty, I have a Bluetti Solar Battery Pack That I will be mounting on a custom shelf in front wall and an ARB electric cooler on a slide out rack. I built a lower profile custom Decked system that is in the truck now. I plan on leaving it in as long as I have enough headroom. I'm 6'2"and think it will work. Otherwise I have a good sized plastic container I throw in with essentials when I go on a trip along with whatever equipment I need for that particular trip.

I have an AT Summit and also left it open so I can use the truck for daily work. I have found the Dewalt tough system boxes work well. I have two of the drawer boxes stacked together for gear and an XL tool box for a kitchen box. They can be added and removed very quickly and keep things nicely organized. If your looking for something modular, less expensive and easily added and removed they work well.

Outbound1

I've been very fortunate to have had such an extensive in-person search experience with GFC, AT, Alucab, FWC, and Super Pacific. I checked out their shop on Feb 20th, and put my deposit down later that week. The R&D, quality, construction, scalability, weight, and price were a superior combination compared to any other brand I have spent time in. Also, the people were down to earth colorado people - rock climbers, mountain bikers, etc - outside of their work. My install is May 16th, and I'm looking forward to share feedback and compare ideas with @Billincamo and others.

Billincamo

I have an AT Summit and also left it open so I can use the truck for daily work. I have found the Dewalt tough system boxes work well. I have two of the drawer boxes stacked together for gear and an XL tool box for a kitchen box. They can be added and removed very quickly and keep things nicely organized. If your looking for something modular, less expensive and easily added and removed they work well.
Sounds like a great system for those of us that need our beds as a truck bed. Looks like a trip to Home Depot or Lowe’s is in my very near future. Thanks for the information.

Billincamo

I've been very fortunate to have had such an extensive in-person search experience with GFC, AT, Alucab, FWC, and Super Pacific. I checked out their shop on Feb 20th, and put my deposit down later that week. The R&D, quality, construction, scalability, weight, and price were a superior combination compared to any other brand I have spent time in. Also, the people were down to earth colorado people - rock climbers, mountain bikers, etc - outside of their work. My install is May 16th, and I'm looking forward to share feedback and compare ideas with @Billincamo and others.
I’m scheduled for May 18th. Looking forward to getting it out on the trails. Post some pics when you get yours mounted. When I talked with them a week ago they made some changes in the soft material and they were real happy with how it came out. Sounds like the material pulled tight and clean looking.

I’m scheduled for May 18th. Looking forward to getting it out on the trails. Post some pics when you get yours mounted. When I talked with them a week ago they made some changes in the soft material and they were real happy with how it came out. Sounds like the material pulled tight and clean looking.

I look forward to hearing more about your impressions after a few months of use. It looks like a nice unit.

MountainTundra

Hey Bill, I was scheduled for the 18th as well. I received a call on Monday requesting to reschedule to the 25th for now, but possibly into the next week. They mentioned the initial round of installs are taking a bit longer than origianlly planned.

Outbound1

Several of us have. I will look into getting a video up on Youtube for a full review, but will need some time to get this done. Do you have any specific questions? I can do a video call with you if you're on the fence about buying one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior