My SAS Mazda B2600 Diesel Expedition project

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
I finally got a HAM radio after many years of wanting one. Good communication is an absolute must when overlanding especially if you're traveling alone as you will have no cell service in many areas. HAM transmissions can be bounced off of repeaters to get out hundreds of miles and as I understand you can even make phone calls. This can be a life saver!
HAM radios are also great for vehicle to vehicle communication, CB range is pretty limited for a number of reasons that HAM is not effected by.
Now I just have to get my license and learn how to use it! LOL
Big thanks to James Viars from https://axlesandantennas.com/ for the advice and steering me in the right direction.

IMG_0635-L.jpg

IMG_0634-L.jpg

IMG_0636-L.jpg

Balcorn80

I can't say thank you enough for your help on my project, man. Found this thread through teh Googlez. And it sent me off on my obsession. I started down this road in December when I found out my head was cracked on my Mazda. Jeff made this look so easy even I could do it. So I did!

I did a few things a little different. But I did it.
1104228bcc73a1cfd9c2fb576b72cd49.jpg

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

tsbrewers

this mazda project brought me here too. I had the exact same one back in High School and a google search led me here too. I hope you took a bunch of pictures and can start your own thread on a "how to" type of thing also. That is always appreciated.

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
I can't say thank you enough for your help on my project, man. Found this thread through teh Googlez. And it sent me off on my obsession. I started down this road in December when I found out my head was cracked on my Mazda. Jeff made this look so easy even I could do it. So I did!

I did a few things a little different. But I did it.
1104228bcc73a1cfd9c2fb576b72cd49.jpg

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Looks great man, glad I could be of some help!

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
My Mazda to Toyota solid axle swap is basically finished. I'll have to get some new springs as these used ones are pretty tired. I'll be going to a little larger tire before this winter.
Huge thanks to my friend John Rowling at Rowlin's Garage and Fabrication in LaGrange for all of the help with this project, there's no way I could have done it without him!

IMG_1454-L.jpg

IMG_1455-L.jpg

IMG_1456-L.jpg

IMG_1453-L.jpg

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
I added a couple more leaves to the front packs to take care of the negative arch and add 3" blocks to the rear to level it out. I'll eventually replace the front and rear leaf springs with Old Man Emu.

IMG_1482-L.jpg

IMG_1483-L.jpg

IMG_1484-L.jpg

ARDOR

Looks great Jeff!

Are you still sporting 4.30 gears?

I presume you'll run Toyota OME leafs up front?

Does OME make leafs for the Mazda rear?

What size tires will you be going to? AT or MT?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles