My Red Cross ERV Build and Adventures

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Hey Rebuild what are you using to cut the aluminum inside the cab- things like the diamond plate? Grinder? Plasma? Saws all?
I’ve found the ultra thin cutting discs on a die (or angle) grinder work very well. They are what a older locksmith I know recommend for cutting $$$$$ aluminum doors. When installing electronic locks into aluminum doors there’s no margin for error.

Rebuilder

Observer
Here's the current state of the shower/toilet. I went around and around on what to use for the walls and ended up just using the same waterproof flooring because why not. I still need to finish the ceiling and add a cover piece over the wires but I really like the way it turned out. The shower valve and head are actually a bidet set that I found on Amazon. I originally bought an "RV" set but it was junk and I couldn't find anything else I liked so I found this and it ended up working great.... and it's great for showering too!

KIMG0673.JPG

KIMG0674.JPG

Oops a little blurry but here's the Nautilus retractable door. It's not as wrinkly as it looks.

KIMG0676.JPG

The start of the kitchen.....

KIMG0672.JPG

KIMG0685.JPG

KIMG0684.JPG

I like grey.

KIMG0680.JPG

Well this is pretty much where it's at right now. Next I plan on continuing on with more cabinets, one to enclose the electrical/water heater area and one for clothes that will be located over the batteries on the passenger side.

Attachments

I’m thinking that for my shower which will be very similar I’ll use a max air 6” dome vent with the built in led light. I think it would be good to vent all that moisture out of the van....

Rebuilder

Observer
I’m thinking that for my shower which will be very similar I’ll use a max air 6” dome vent with the built in led light. I think it would be good to vent all that moisture out of the van....
Yeah the domed vent or even a skylight would have been nice for headroom in mine. I left a gap at the top of the shower door so I think my vent will do enough but the headroom would have been nice.... luckily I'm kinda short.