My Perfect Ambulance Platform?

Pangle

Wanderer
Well I went ahead and listed it out west CA, CO, for sale with my motorcycle as a pkg deal. 35k we will see what the response is. Im only doing it because I have fallen in love with this 968 and want to bring it back to life! Some pics how I found it and after I cleaned it up.

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4b3.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4b3.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 45
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4b6.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4b6.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 49
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4ce.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4ce.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 49
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4d8.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4d8.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 49
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4db.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4db.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 48

1stDeuce

Explorer
Man, who just parks a nice old Porsche like that??? And how do you find deals on such a thing?? :) Nice work on the ambo. I'm got some Monsta in the same color for the bed of our Comanche... I think I'm going to spray it instead of rolling it. Seems like it would be easier to do, and probably look pretty good too. :)

Pangle

Wanderer
Yea finding the 968 was unexpected and fortunate. I love bringing new life back into vehicles. The owner actually has another 968 and a Lotus Europa Im trying to buy also.

The monsta will Def look good! It never comes out perfect but it always looks great! I have no experience spraying monsta, but I hear the texture turns out different? Throw up a pic when you get it done!

Pangle

Wanderer
Welp... It looks like I may have the new buyer for the ambo already. I did not expect to be selling this soon but such is life and im not bummed about having another awesome project to work on so, i'm happy. We will see if they come through, but it does seem like a go.

Pangle

Wanderer
Deposit received... She wanted me to add a sink and water system so I am currently working to have that done by the time she comes to pick it up. The lift pump was leaking a bit so went ahead and replaced that as well so Its 100% ready to go.

Pangle

Wanderer
Well I got the sink and "off grid" water system in so she is good to go in that regard. I also wanted to post up a pic of the Sienna Van seats i installed which I think turned out great! The hand pump pulls from 7 gal tank for light water duties. The shower system flows from two six gal tanks to the sureflo pump into the ecotemp for on demand hot shower. You can can also pull the shower head into the box to do heavy water duty.

Attachments

• IMG_5445.JPG
    IMG_5445.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5446.JPG
    IMG_5446.JPG
    992.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5455.JPG
    IMG_5455.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5456.JPG
    IMG_5456.JPG
    951.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5469.JPG
    IMG_5469.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5470.JPG
    IMG_5470.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 76

AnarchyintheAK

Well crap, now I'm leaning back towards the ambulance again after getting my mind made up on a truck+sunrader camper combo. ::sigh::

Really like what you've done here! If I go this route I have a feeling I'll be referring back.

Pangle

Wanderer
Well the Ambo is gone! She is super stoked and cruising it across the country since last Sunday. I am REALLY sad to see this one go, but super stoked its gone to someone that is going to use it!

AnarchyintheAK: the Ambulances are GREAT platforms if you are looking for a little more livable room inside and indestructible build quality! Plenty of people and builds on here that can help out!

In other news, I got the 968 back from the Porsche expert giving it a once over and taking a bunch of my money! I drove it 7 hrs each way to SC this week and it did absolutely amazing! I cant believe it went from sitting in a barn for 10 years to driving up and down the coast at 70 ish MPH! unreal

Pangle

Wanderer
For anyone that was following along and cares the rare 968 Porsche I purchased out of a barn has been completely mechanically restored and is working perfect. I have attached a few pics so everyone can see. The 968 will be on BAT soon and I will be purchasing another ambo project!

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_512.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_512.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 31
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_519.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_519.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1534.JPG
    IMG_1534.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 32

Pangle

Wanderer
thanks! Yea i have not completely decided which direction Im gonna go.. but I am considering doing a mini mod with a ujoint conversion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles