My Perfect Ambulance Platform?

patoz

Expedition Leader
Pangle, this may be irrelevant now, but just FYI... The commercial cab/chassis frame that is used with the Type I ambulance bodies are 34" wide in the rear, and a standard pickup truck frame is 42" wide in the rear. The 34" on the cab/chassis is a standard, and is the same for Fords, Chevys, GMCs, Internationals, Frieghtliners, and a whole lot more. I believe it may even be the same for foreign model trucks. That is so the upfitters can build a standard body and put it on a variety of vehicles.

The Ford vans are 42" also, even the ones used with ambulance bodies, so you might be able to drop a Mini-mod body on a pickup frame but you would just have to close up the large hole where it mated with the van front end, or cut out the back of the truck cab to match it.

Pangle

Wanderer
Hey MenaMac, Welcome to the forum... Evidave just started a thread as well which may answer your question. I am no electrical expert so Ill leave that to them. Happy that you have joined the ambulance world! They really are perfect in my mind, you can make them into what ever you want.

Pangle

Wanderer
Hey Patoz!

Yea based on the ambo i just got I am shying away from the minmod on a crew cab idea for now. I am either going to do a UJOR conversion or just do a sweet 2wd set up with a motorcycle on the back. Still not sure yet but this ambulance was so clean and a good deal I had to buy it!

MenaMac

Hey MenaMac, Welcome to the forum... Evidave just started a thread as well which may answer your question. I am no electrical expert so Ill leave that to them. Happy that you have joined the ambulance world! They really are perfect in my mind, you can make them into what ever you want.

Thanks Pangle! I'll check it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94