My next new build is about to start - V3 Explorer - Feedback from the group needed

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Glad to see you got it sorted!

Fox is one of those (many) companies that way outgrew their demand and their product suffered greatly! Its to the point, its almost surprising they are even still around.

I live 15 minutes from them and still wont use their stuff. I have several friends that even had their stuff on lighter weights Jeeps and Tacomas pissing fluid within 10k.

Icon is even worse.

Its hard to find good shocks done proper these days. ADS is my #1 choice hands down!

King is good too, if you can find someone who knows how to valve them for you, last i checked their turn around time was almost 6 months for anything not off the shelf.

I have an extensive racing background, so suspension is vital to me, and i am much picker than most! :)

Many folks really have no idea how good you can get ANYTHING to ride, if you got the time to set it up properly! Most bolt stuff on and send it and claim its amazing... Hahahaha

Don T is the wizard, so you should be good to go!

LOVE your build and the work is TOP NOTCH and far better than most out there! Kudos to you and the team!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Glad to see you got it sorted!

Fox is one of those (many) companies that way outgrew their demand and their product suffered greatly! Its to the point, its almost surprising they are even still around.

I live 15 minutes from them and still wont use their stuff. I have several friends that even had their stuff on lighter weights Jeeps and Tacomas pissing fluid within 10k.

Icon is even worse.

Its hard to find good shocks done proper these days. ADS is my #1 choice hands down!

King is good too, if you can find someone who knows how to valve them for you, last i checked their turn around time was almost 6 months for anything not off the shelf.

I have an extensive racing background, so suspension is vital to me, and i am much picker than most! :)

Many folks really have no idea how good you can get ANYTHING to ride, if you got the time to set it up properly! Most bolt stuff on and send it and claim its amazing... Hahahaha

Don T is the wizard, so you should be good to go!

LOVE your build and the work is TOP NOTCH and far better than most out there! Kudos to you and the team!

Fox stopped giving ETA's to their distributors/dealers (even big distributors, distributors with staff who used to be high on the Fox food chain) about June or July 2020. Frickin' laughable and sad. No one knows when their Fox orders will arrive, until they land. Not a great way to run a business, now or ever. :(

Interesting on Icon Vehicle Dynamics.

Thuren or Carli(Dan Tourino's level of service is incredible) for the King's.

Its mentioned in the thread, you lazy millennial
(insert laughing middle finger emojis)

Far past a millennial you burrito-chomping-RanchoShock-wearing-Baja1AB. It's been awhile since I read this entire thread. Help a brotha out with the info, kthxbyeeee. :p

Last edited:

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
You also might want to look at Radflo Shocks. I have had them on Casa for several years now and have sent them back once to the company for rebuilding. They are SUPER nice folks, turned my shocks around in a little over a week and were VERY fair money wise!

https://www.radflo.com/

Radflo is also another great company at that still believes in quality over quantity and takes pride in their stuff. Good call

ski_bike_camp

Ski_Bike_Camp
Well the latest big trip is in the books. We did a ski adventure chasing the powder and gypsying from one parking lot to another fully off the grid. We were in Utah, Wyoming & Colorado. We had some very cold temps overnights and the rig was up for the task. The Rixen/Espar hydronic heat kept us between 75-80 degrees all the time. And the system gives us hot water for cleaning etc too.

However, the crazy thing was the condensation/ice that resulted under the mattress. The mattress sits directly on the carbon panel which is over the truck cab. So it is cold. We never had any condensation anywhere else. I guess the moisture can work its way through the mattress and condense/freeze on the cold surface.

I am going to try and come up with some kind of way to raise and vent under the mattress.

Any ideas folks?

Last edited:

ski_bike_camp

Ski_Bike_Camp
Fox stopped giving ETA's to their distributors/dealers (even big distributors, distributors with staff who used to be high on the Fox food chain) about June or July 2020. Frickin' laughable and sad. No one knows when their Fox orders will arrive, until they land. Not a great way to run a business, now or ever. :(

Interesting on Icon Vehicle Dynamics.

Thuren or Carli(Dan Tourino's level of service is incredible) for the King's.

Far past a millennial you burrito-chomping-RanchoShock-wearing-Baja1AB. It's been awhile since I read this entire thread. Help a brotha out with the info, kthxbyeeee. :p
DK Diesel in Bellingham, WA did the truck extension.

ski_bike_camp

Ski_Bike_Camp
Pictures of the NOCO

Bed frame (notice the small computer fan for air circulation)
Mattress with 3/4" underlayment

Attachments

• IMG_2503.jpg
    IMG_2503.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2505.jpg
    IMG_2505.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2506.jpg
    IMG_2506.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 29

ski_bike_camp