My new ZJ Expedition Rig

PrestonNB

I have not been a fan of Optima batteries since having one in my truck a few years back. Felt like a waste of money when I had to replace it so quick after the initial purchase. I try to talk everyone I know out of buying them now, just to be a good friend. :)

xjman88

Adventurer
I know i was goin to try to stay away from another Optima but Mtnclimber whose a forum member and lives fairly local to me had a yellow top. We worked out a deal and now the zjs back up and mission capable. So far so good.

xjman88

Adventurer
Ive had a few hours to spend on the zj this past week. I ordered a set of 2 inch spacers to replace the 1in in the rear. I realized i need the extra inch w my tire carrier on there. I also found a decent place for my power/jump pack in the rear left cargo area. I finally got my pass side awning mounted. And i found a roof rack in decent shape in someones scrap metal pile free to a good home. Here are some pics. I also got some work done on my new to me M416 trailer. IMG_20130810_185802.jpgIMG_20130810_185813.jpgIMG_20130808_190940.jpgThe roof rack is getting a coat of paint and going on the trailer after i build a lid for it.

xjman88

Adventurer
I got the spacer installed finally. The zj sits a little higher in the rear. But this is ok because when my trailer is in tow, ill be sittin nice and even. Heres a couple pics.IMG_20130817_172752.jpgIMG_20130817_174825.jpgIMG_20130817_174834.jpg

xjman88

Adventurer
Its been a while since ive posted up on the portal. Ive done a few wheeling trips and alot of hunting this fall. The Safari Tsrs have held up awesome thus far. Just a great all around tire. Nothing new on the jeep. Sure to change come winter/spring. Happy holidays to all.

VTOLRN

Cool Build. Im doing my 94 ZJ similar for Camping trips this Spring, Summer, Fall. Probably going with a 2" spacers and some 31" Treadwright's for starters.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Adventure Motorcycling Handbook: A Route & Planning Guide
by Chris Scott
From $10.09
Morocco Overland: A Route & Planning Guide - Southern Mor...
by Chris Scott
From $18.03
Motorcycle Messengers: Tales from the Road by Writers who...
by Lois Pryce, Mark Richardson, Carla King, Sam Manic...
From $9.99

xjman88

Adventurer
Cool Build. Im doing my 94 ZJ similar for Camping trips this Spring, Summer, Fall. Probably going with a 2" spacers and some 31" Treadwright's for starters.
Thanks alot. With a 2 in spacer and 31s you should be able to wheel and explore most trails and backcountry here in the northeast. Happy trails.

xjman88

Adventurer
I just picked up a set of 31in Radial Mud Claws for my non snow months here in Maine. I ran em on my xj in 33 in variety and loved em. Were great in deep powder. Im also building a rear bumper hopefully soon. Stay tuned.

xjman88

Adventurer
Just a quick update on the ZJ. I picked up a set of 5 33in Duratracs on Mickey Thompson Classic IIIs. One is brand new and the others are half tread. The guy I got em from wanted 31s for his xj. So we swapped. Works for me. I also installed a set of the Sylvania Silverstar ZXE headlights. So far so good. Make a big difference at night. Heres pics of the tires.IMAG0111.jpgIMAG0112.jpgIMAG0115.jpgIMAG0114.jpg

Attachments

xjman88

Adventurer
I just swapped out my stock reverse light bulbs with the Silverstar replacements. Ill try to get a couple pics of them at night. Im also in the process of rewiring my utility
light on my tire carrier.