My "New" Willy's II Trailer Build

slimtwo

Adventurer
Saturday, I started painting the inside of the box. Starting with primer sealer,

06182201.jpg

06182202.jpg

then today, I applied the top coat.

06202201.jpg

06202202.jpg

At this point, I am ready to flip the box back over and finish the interior. Then I am on to the outside of the box. I have decided that automotive paint is just not practical for me to use. If it were strictly because I wanted to make sure that the paint would last longer, then maybe it would be worth it. However, that’s not the case. A high-quality exterior latex enamel, will hold up just fine, if not better. Plus, touch ups, if necessary, would be a lot easier, and more cost effective since the shelf life is a lot more. And a friend from church, gave me a great idea for matching the paint on my jeep. All I need, is some factory touch up paint, and I can make a color chip that will be as close as one can get.

By the end of this week, I might just be ready to mount the box on the trailer. Yahoo!

More later.

Happy Trails!

slimtwo

Adventurer
Today I finished the painting inside the box. Now comes the exterior colors. I ordered touch up paint for my jeep, from a company on eBay, and with that paint, I will create a color chip to take in to HD or Lowes to have them color match some paint for the box. A friend gave me the idea. I should have that by Monday, then I can get the paint. In the meantime, I have some sanding to do on the outside of the box to prepare for the paint. I will be applying a coat of primer to ensure that the paint goes on even, and so it will stick. Stay tuned!

Happy Trails!

slimtwo

Adventurer
The grey is gonna work well with the green.

06222201.jpg

The touch up paint will be here on Monday, then I can have the paint made up. More later.

Happy Trails!