My New (Used) "Mil Spec Offroad" Trailer

rk_az

Adventurer
For those of you who saw my previous thread, I made a decision and purchased the "used" trailer. And I am glad I did - this trailer is great! Yeah, the cargo box is a bit small, but the trailer makes up for it in so many other ways.

The tongue height is just about perfect for my new custom bumper:

P1050720.jpg

P1050751-1.jpg

This thing is built like a brick outhouse! 3500 lb axle, YJ leafs with shocks, d-rings and tie-downs galore, nearly new BFG MT's (with spare, which I wasn't expecting), electric brakes, the list goes on.

P1050752.jpg

P1050754.jpg

P1050755.jpg

The front jack can be removed and pinned up under the rear of the trailer out of the way. The shocks can be unpinned from the lower mounts, and pinned up out of the way if so desired.

P1050756.jpg

Can't wait to take it out on the trails...

frumpy

Explorer
Wow, that is beautiful. I think I have pics of that trailer saved somewhere on my computer because I like it so much.

rk_az

Adventurer
I guess you would call it custom built, but inspired by military trailers. The owner used to build them to sell. But he put so much into them (both materials and man hours), that I guess he couldn't sell enough for what he had in them to stay in business. This was the last one he still had, one of his "show trailers", that had basically been in storage for the last 3 years. I got a great deal on the trailer, and couldn't be happier.

slimtwo

Adventurer
Nice find! :victory:

I found their web site some time ago when I was looking for off road trailers, and I realized they were local (Lake Elsinore Ca), however when I tried to find them, I didn't have any luck. For some reason the place wasn't where it was supposed to be, and the street numbers didn't seem to match.
I would have loved to get a close look at that trailer, I was thinking about going that route myself.
At any rate, keep us posted on how it works out for you.

Happy Trails!

rk_az

Adventurer
Yeah, he is no longer in business. He moved to Oklahoma and is a school teacher now. His website is still out there, but has gone dormant and is infected with a trojan downloader virus. So I wouldn't advise going there unless you have good anti-virus protection. Even Google has a warning on their link to the site.

oldcase

Observer
What a great find! Post up some pics of it loaded and on the trail if you can. Looks to be very sturdy. Looks good behind your truck.

indiedog

Adventurer
Congrats on the new toy. :drool: I've seen them on the web before and thought they must be made for the military as they are so heavily constructed. No wonder the guy went broke! Do you know what it weighs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior