My new Conqueror Base Camp

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
A few photo's of the new basecamp. Ill setup the tent tommorow and put up some more. Then as I get fridge, stove and other needed items ill post them up too. I plan to add second battery and solar charger.

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
James ... Looks Great!

And what a story of the journey home!

Look forward to your additions.

Dendy

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
lic plate

James,

I see you have a NYS plate... any tips? I am two months in and still no luck! TIA

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
So where's the first trip???...supposed to be 82 by Saturday..no excuses!:victory:

Man that is sweet..what is the finished weight (loaded with water and other assorted sundries)?

Trail Monkey

James,

I see you have a NYS plate... any tips? I am two months in and still no luck! TIA

jay

i went to DMV first time and they said vin no good. they told me if i returned with some physical proof of vin they could overide the vin # and get me registered. i took a photo of the trailer as a whole and one with a closeup of the vin plate on the rail. went back with that and left an hour later with a regi..:victory:

i was also very concerned when i saw the cert of origin etc.. maybe if you go to an easier state and get it registered with a freind then transfer it over.. or go to riverhead NY which is where they did mine.. hope it works out..

nwoods

Expedition Leader
The way the chuck boxes are held open with the folding countertop is ingenious. Very cool trailer!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Very Very cool...
I am really interested in hearing your thoughts on tent setup ease and overall comfort after you have been out in it.
Especially now that you have a ton of experience with moving everyday on a long trip I would like to hear what you think of this tent in those terms vs staying in 1 place for longer.
Great buy and looking forward to many trip reports!

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
More ?

James,

Did you get a title from Dean? or did th DMV register it as under 1,000 pounds?
That is my stick p at the 2 DMV offices, It's overr 1k and needs a title...

Thanks

Jay

Trail Monkey

Dean sent a certifictae of origen from mega manufacturers. with that and the sales invoice, which both had the vin #, and then adding a photo of the trailer and vin plate i was able to register it and get a plate. a new NY title will follow in the mail. i registered it at the exact weight listed on the certificate of origen it was in KG so the dmv converted it, approx 3200 lbs.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Go open the tent already man!

I am kickin myself for not jumping on those sooner.

~James

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Jay:
Did you get the certificate of origin (looks like an official paper) as well as the letter from Dean explaining that these were imported as parts and assembled here?
This should allow proof of a 2008 origin and should confirm the VIN and allow you a title.
If you need the letter, let me know as I have a scanned copy of that letter.
Dendy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles