My New Build: 1990 3-Door Nissan Patrol, 4.2, Diesel

Jampatrol

Observer
I ordered some heavy duty replacement steering rods for the Shorty. Picked them up from Superior Engineering in Australia and had them delivered to my parents house in the US. They are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, March 6. I should have them installed by the end of the month, as I'll be traveling home to pick them up and bring them back to Guatemala.

Next up on my wish list are super flex arms to give the Shorty some better articulation. The adjustable panhard rods in the front and rear do a good job, but I'm looking to take it to the next level. In the meantime, I decided to give her a little stretch yesterday.

5349304f9f22460473ececbf4c6dd701.jpg
2f1ac75b8b54cb6b49d56d3a945787c8.jpg
fd0241e4b046bda03fd1f620570a9caf.jpg
823d966a94950315836998baba50b94c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's the shipping like from Australia the US. Want to upgrade with some parts from Australia as well.

Patrollife

Explorer
What's the shipping like from Australia the US. Want to upgrade with some parts from Australia as well.

Shipping was really fast and easy. I ordered on March 1st and by March 6 the items were delivered. I fly home to Virginia tomorrow and can't wait to see the new rods.

The customer service at Superior Engineering was excellent, fast, informative and met my needs. Payment was made through PayPal.

Overall, pain free process!

Jampatrol

Observer
Shipping was really fast and easy. I ordered on March 1st and by March 6 the items were delivered. I fly home to Virginia tomorrow and can't wait to see the new rods.

The customer service at Superior Engineering was excellent, fast, informative and met my needs. Payment was made through PayPal.

Overall, pain free process!

Thanks man. What would be the cost to ship something like that from Australia?

Patrollife

Explorer
After finally getting frustrated after three failed attempts to change the paperwork of my car, I decided to return the Shorty to its original color. Sadly, the government of Guatemala is so disorganized and corrupt that each time I went to do the right thing, they had "oopsie" moments that basically were errors that could have been corrected through a bribe. So instead of feeding into the corrupt system, I rather give honest work to honest people.

b7b670c5fbc2c3490630f7714dba9775.jpg

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
Great car.

It's so sad that we in the US don't know anything about this beast called Nissan Patrol. I have seen them in eastern Europe, in Russia, an Australia. They are indestructible cars.
We think that TLC 80 or TLC 70 are the beasts, and they really are good cars, but nothing would ever come close to the mighty Patrol.

Look at this monster:

http://www.drivearabia.com/news/2017/03/05/2017-nissan-patrol-super-safari-debuts-in-uae-and-gcc/

There is no reason not importing them here :(

Patrollife

Explorer
Great car.

It's so sad that we in the US don't know anything about this beast called Nissan Patrol. I have seen them in eastern Europe, in Russia, an Australia. They are indestructible cars.
We think that TLC 80 or TLC 70 are the beasts, and they really are good cars, but nothing would ever come close to the mighty Patrol.

Look at this monster:

http://www.drivearabia.com/news/2017/03/05/2017-nissan-patrol-super-safari-debuts-in-uae-and-gcc/

There is no reason not importing them here :(

That Super Safari is super sexy! I want to trade my FJ for a Y61 but unfortunately in Guatemala you can't find the TD42 versions of the GU/Y61. They never entered this market. Even the TD42 GQ/Y60 is hard to come by. They are available but not common.

I agree on your point re: the LC. They are a more reliable 4x4 in terms of longevity and maintenance, but the Patrol is much tougher vehicle (and more fun to drive)! Now that I've owned Shorty, it's Patrol for me for life, no doubt!

ze_zaskar

Observer
They are indestructible cars.
(

That's highly dependent on which powertrain you can get.

I've been at least two times about to swap my 300Tdi Defender 90 for a LWB Patrol Y61 (GU). They're plenty here in Portugal, some times at good prices and still stock.
The problem is that we only got the RD28T and associated gearbox. They are gutless, overheats, cracks heads, the clutch is tiny and weak and they eat 5th gears at highway speeds and towing

Patrollife

Explorer
That's highly dependent on which powertrain you can get.

I've been at least two times about to swap my 300Tdi Defender 90 for a LWB Patrol Y61 (GU). They're plenty here in Portugal, some times at good prices and still stock.
The problem is that we only got the RD28T and associated gearbox. They are gutless, overheats, cracks heads, the clutch is tiny and weak and they eat 5th gears at highway speeds and towing

TD42 is where it's at! Sucks you guys don't get them in Portugal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94