My New (and improved!) Zodi Extreme Camp Shower (lots of pics)

haplo32

Nice custom made Zodi Extreme Hot Shower!
I think the valve stem mod is the best part. Just too bad it didn't work out as well as expected.

Seen this thread has been brought back from the dead several times so I figure I would add my applause!

Great work Stump!

I used Corey's kitchen sink sprayer idea on mine and it worked great. May have to look in a way to keep mount in on a pole like you did. Also come up with a quick way to leave the sprayer handle depressed for a second if needed. I would like to be able to detach it and be able to wash my umm....backside...easier while still being able to put it back in the mount and go hands free.

Pretty cool!

YogaMonkey

How did you instal the valve stem an where did you find it?

Hi !
Nice work on the Zodi Extreme shower! I was wondering how you installed the valve stem in the thin aluminium shell. I would like to install a valve stem that I can either connect a compressor to or just a bike foot pump so i can pump with my feet wile showering :)

Any help appreciated .

Best,

Paul in Berlin, Germany

OH MY!! (I had a brainstorm last night.... while in the shower of all places)

DSCN0026.jpg

(yep, thats a valve stem :) )

DSCN0033.jpg

Hooked to my onboard air system and regulated to 20psi, now I have a fully pressurized tank for the entire shower. Of course, the hand pump still works as it normally does, so if I am not near an air source, I can still get clean :victory:

DSCN0030.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Dr Gil

The compressor idea is good but you need to reduce the pressure a bit. If you put in a truck wheel air nozzel, they lock on a bit better as they have gaskets and a nut. Also if you had a small air tank and say put only 25-35 psi in it to keep the pressure up without dropping all the water quickly,, could even make a small low pressure tank from pvc? I really like the whole shower stand and soap dish too..
Good work!!

@Cruiser. I want to revive this thread. Do you think that using a foot pump or my onboard air with a regulator at 2-5 psi would work to pump the pressure for the Zodi Extreme? And not use up the water too quickly but still have enough pressure?

Dr Gil

Here's another Zodi Extreme mod. My goal was to be hands free.
I purchased a cheapie foot bike pump from ebay, changed out the shower head to a Body Spa Oxygenics, and had this airblock made for me.
The Body Spa adds in air to the water flow so you use much less water, but feel like you get adequate water flow from the shower head. The Foot pump
allows hands free to pump up the air pressure, the airblock was that so that I didn't have to drill another hole in the Zodi tank to allow for the Schrader valve.
It works awesome!!! Zodi Extreme mod movie clip

Attachments

• IMG_4149.JPG
    IMG_4149.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4148.JPG
    IMG_4148.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 54

shade

I like the idea of using an aerator to decrease water usage. I'd like to find something with the convenience of a momentary-on valve at the head like the kitchen faucet sprayer I use now, but with an aerator to diffuse the water more and decrease flow.

Dr Gil

I like the idea of using an aerator to decrease water usage. I'd like to find something with the convenience of a momentary-on valve at the head like the kitchen faucet sprayer I use now, but with an aerator to diffuse the water more and decrease flow.

The body spa has a off on waterflow switch but it’s not momentary

frankthecampguy

Here's another Zodi Extreme mod. My goal was to be hands free.
I purchased a cheapie foot bike pump from ebay, changed out the shower head to a Body Spa Oxygenics, and had this airblock made for me.
The Body Spa adds in air to the water flow so you use much less water, but feel like you get adequate water flow from the shower head. The Foot pump
allows hands free to pump up the air pressure, the airblock was that so that I didn't have to drill another hole in the Zodi tank to allow for the Schrader valve.
It works awesome!!! Zodi Extreme mod movie clip

Camping Luxury at its best. A friend of mine bought Zodi Extreme mod and asked me to try it out on a camping trip a couple of years ago. It was fantastic!

It took 30 minutes or more heat up freezing cold spring water utilizing the single burner, but it only used one propane bottle for five full tanks, it was very hot showers (104). You could simply get 2 showers out of one tank of water if you turn off the flow while soaping up, but I left it running and got one very long shower.

The pressure is perfect, and it's simple to pump during a shower to increase the flow. The setup is a little heavy, but it's worth lugging along on a car camping trip, and the carry bag helps keep it all together. It looks very well made and sturdy. I wish the shower head extension was a little longer, but I can yet set it down into my tall shower tent and hook it the end on the loft.

The most important thing I like about it is that I can get my shower first thing in the morning instead of waiting for the sun to warm things up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94