My m1102 build to match my jeep 2dr JK

F250sd21

Observer
This is a 1998 Schutt M1102 trailer it now is painted to match my jeep, RTT, BBQ grill coleman stove cooler and generator all on a bed slide . Future plans include full 110v dual battery power setup with solar charging. What do you guys think.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

F250sd21

Observer
It is fine trailer is only about 1500 lbs loaded I did put air bags in my jeep which keeps the trailer level I have done 65-70 mph with no issues.

F250sd21

Observer
I do not have the run flats on it anymore which are very heavy. I just had it weighed it was 1491lbs with all of the equipment on it.

Heavyopp

Observer
You are right -- I had a 93 Hummer with those runflat tires -- Heavy bastards

It's hard to tell in the pictures -- do you still have the military split rims??

Any more pictures?

ghutch

Observer
These trailers are under used, extremely well built. Most negatives are weight and size? I never drive areas they won't go? If I was traveling cross country in a non road area the size might be an issue but as a beach hauler they are great. Granted cross country roadless areas the size could be an issue. I pull it 60-70 with a tacoma no issues at all on the highway. Used it as a radio shack on the beach it works great. Tarp across the top shades both sides. I've looked for a fiberglass cover but they are hard to find and high $$$ when you do. I'll keep lookin, anyone know of one pls email me!
Your design is great, gets all the needed "stuff" in one place. Post more pics

cyclic

Adventurer
Here in Texas they pop up on craigslist sometimes. You should be checking the gov auction page and bid on one or two. Several bases sell some every couple months it seems like.

F250sd21

Observer
No, I am running an ATZ wheel it looks a lot like a Hutchinson rim, running 16 inch 35's probably save at least 275-300lbs with these.

atz rim.GIF

cyclic

Adventurer
I run some take-off Dodge rims and a set of old 265/70R16 tires, balanced with airsoft beads. Works well and lowers it a little for my suburban.

ML8GXV.jpg

9qRd9h.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles