My M101A2 Expo/Base Camp Trailer

shack

Adventurer
Shack: reviving this post. Why did you sell it and what did you replace it with? The actuators have a 90 day warranty, which tells me they might be junk. How many times did you use yours? From the above, it sounds like you had no issues with them. Thanks for the great write up.

Anyone else using these actuators have any more feedback on them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

No issues with the actuators at all. I replaced the whole setup with a teardrop trailer!

bobholthaus

Observer
Glad to hear it. I now have 6 of those actuators on my trailer; 4 for the rack, and 2 for the lid. So far so good, although the exterior screws on them have already started to rust. But they're working great. Thanks.

student4life

Just stumbled upon this trailer build thread! I am in the process of trying to figure out how to raise the rack on my trailer and was seriously thinking about the gas strut method BUT now I am not sure if that is the best strategy... It sucks that Photobucket started holding photos for ransom! We are no longer able to see the photos in this post... :-(

bobholthaus

Observer
Reviving this post as 3 of the 4 exterior actuators died within 8 months. Any other suggestions on were to get nicer ones that are more weatherproof? The windy nations stuff is junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dstock

Explorer
Reviving this post as 3 of the 4 exterior actuators died within 8 months. Any other suggestions on were to get nicer ones that are more weatherproof? The windy nations stuff is junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Interesting, that's good to know. Have yet to have any issues with mine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

student4life

@bobholthaus - I am trying an alternative method of using pneumatic cylinder actuator since my trailer will have an air tank on board. The installation will be a little more involved than electric actuators BUT using a pneumatic will have the promise of operating MUCH faster and quieter than electric actuators... I am not sure how pneumatic cylinders will work in the field since I have not see anyone submit a post about using that method to raise and lower a rack... Anyway I am willing to possibly take one for the team and try that method out since I have not seen anyone attempt to use pneumatics yet...
I am getting some parts from a company called FrightProps.
https://www.frightprops.com/pneumatics.html

They have been helpful in directing me on which parts may work best for my project...

Last edited:

TACO.HOG

Going to look into the pneumatic route as well. Pneumatic seems a solid way to go, considering onboard air and hopefully longevity.

shack

Adventurer
Wow, just stumbled across this thread... blast from the past. I'll see if I can pull down those images and repost elsewhere.

Ryannnz

Yo! Gave you a shout out in our new M1102 video for design inspiration (4:30). Let me know if you have any tips as we are still collecting parts for this build. Solid posts here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shack

Adventurer
Yo! Gave you a shout out in our new M1102 video for design inspiration (4:30). Let me know if you have any tips as we are still collecting parts for this build. Solid posts here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles