My M101A2 Expo/Base Camp Trailer

shack

Adventurer
-for pbcolt

For brake cable attachment, we used a bolt and just drilled a hole through it to run the cable through. This is looking at the drivers side hub from the front side of the axle

shack

Adventurer
Well, it looks like the 101 has a friend, since I can't seem to sell it. Actually, it has 2 friends, both identical but I only have room for one in my garage. Nickname is "Gadget" and it started off life as a road sign trailer. Its quite well built, and already has the tongue triangulation for offroad use, and its light, probably weighing about 350lbs as-is. If I end up keeping it, plans include a 4x4x3 main box w/ fold down tailgate, new torsion axle, tongue box, side boxes, fenders, tires, and who knows what else. I'll consider adding a RTT but with my new teardrop trailer coming this fall/winter, I'll have two too many camping trailers.

What to do, what to do...

dstock

Explorer
Whew, for a second there I thought you had added something else to the M101 that I would want!

shack

Adventurer
Whew, for a second there I thought you had added something else to the M101 that I would want!

^^^Ditto^^^

LOL. This build has begun to wind down as I'll likely be selling the trailer early next year. I placed an order with TCTeardrops after seeing them in person at Expo and it should be ready around November/December. I did, however, redo the chuck box using another toolbox with a stove slide out and storage. Need to post pics of that.

Great trailer build!!

Thanks!

dstock

Explorer
LOL. This build has begun to wind down as I'll likely be selling the trailer early next year. I placed an order with TCTeardrops after seeing them in person at Expo and it should be ready around November/December. I did, however, redo the chuck box using another toolbox with a stove slide out and storage. Need to post pics of that.

Yes you do need to post pics!! I've been trying to figure out the chuck box thing...can't decide exactly what I want...

Ngneer

Observer
That is gonna b hard to improve on my friend. Great job, front to back and up. How bout doing a write-up on the trips u take n the future. Thanks for sharing.

shack

Adventurer
That is gonna b hard to improve on my friend. Great job, front to back and up. How bout doing a write-up on the trips u take n the future. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! I should be taking it out on a weekend run in the next few weeks. We're also dragging it down to the Albuquerque Ballon Festival this October.

Last edited:

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Sweet build. The more I think about it the more I like the linear actuator method. Simple, not too expensive and pretty nerdy kool.

Nice stuff!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles