My M101A2 Expo/Base Camp Trailer

shack

Adventurer
Thank Thank you THank you for sharing your thoughts and design idea. I've been mulling over this very same idea.

Sure thing. The measurements and layout are approximate. I changed up a few things when I went to the steel yard due to price and availability

shack

Adventurer
This was the first attempt I made at securing my actuators to the trailer. I fabbed simple U-shaped mounts for the top and bottom on each strut and bolted everything in place. Due to clearance issues, I had to drill out part of the bracket and weld in a bolt to make everything fit right. On the plus side, everything worked. On the negative side, I forgot to unlock the pop pins one time and hit my actuator switch causing the welds to break (I'm a ******** welder). So, lesson learned and I opted for the WindyNation brackets.

These were the homemade brackets

dstock

Explorer
Nice! Thanks for the pics on the actuators, looks pretty straight-forward. I'd probably have to redo my brackets as well, I'm thinking mine are too narrow.

I don't know about your tongue box, but the seal on mine is horrible, so much dust got in from Death Valley it was laughable. Will be adding some extra weather stripping around the opening to try to seal things up!

shack

Adventurer
i haven't noticed any water in there yet. It seems to be pretty protected from road spray by the steel plate on the tongue.

dstock

Explorer
I haven't had any road spray issues either. I noticed even when locked there is about a 1/4" of play with the lid, so the silty dust of the desert easily found it's way inside. Maybe I will see if I can get rid of the play first. It's Harbor Freight so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised!

dstock

Explorer
Turns out I am an idiot, the latch on the lid of the tongue box is adjustable!! Doh!!

All sealed up tight now...

shack

Adventurer
Turns out I am an idiot, the latch on the lid of the tongue box is adjustable!! Doh!!

All sealed up tight now...

LOL. Thats ok, I sometimes miss easy stuff like that too. The other day I was pulling mine out of the garage to sweep and clean up. I was moving it by hand and wondering why the trailer suddenly felt like 2 trailers. After I got it where I wanted it, I walked to the back and realized I still had a leveling jack attached and dragging the floor. :costumed-smiley-007

shack

Adventurer
Also, on another note, I just sold off both my awnings and bought a foxwing. I'm in love with this baby! The coverage is insane!

shack

Adventurer
wheeled the trailer a bit this past weekend. First pic is my bud wheeling his 101 also. Gives a good perspective to the angle of the slab we were coming up

Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior