My long term M1102 build.

Mattdaddy1974

Hi guys and girls. I’m starting a build of my own and plan to try and keep my costs down while achieving a multifunctional trailer (utility and camp worthy). I have pretty much a awesome blank slate with the M1102. I will be pulling it with my new Gladiator Rubicon and once and awhile hopefully my daughter will be able to take it camping with her 2 door JL Sport. I have started by ditching the surge brakes on the tounge for a much lighter standard 2” ball tounge from HF. It bolted right up utilizing the same bolt holes and bolts. I have a license plate holder and light coming this Friday from Amazon. As far as the wiring goes the military connector will be swapped to a 7 pin Rv style when I get the adapter cord from EBay. So far I have $1200 for the trailer, $13 for the tounge and $73 for the adapter. This will be a slow and gradual build so I’ll be trying to score as many good deals on used items as I can. I already scored some heavy duty boxes. Not sure if I’m going to utilize them or try and sell them to get funds for something else. Stay tuned and I’ll try and keep this thread updated.53604CE9-F1A8-4A41-8EF6-38E7FF8D4751.jpeg8186289C-ADBD-4DA8-851A-F165FA87899F.jpeg

Mattdaddy1974

Got the wiring converted to Rv type plug. Coming no along slowly. Hopefully get it legal by next week. Next would like to swap to 5 x 5 Jeep lug pattern and electric brakes. Any help with part numbers or where to get the parts to convert would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan1267

I’m not intending to hyjack your thread but I have an M1101 and love it!! Perfect platform to modify it however you want. If you need any ideas or just curious on other builds, check out my instagram kkthejeep. I’ve been working on mine for several years now.

Mattdaddy1974

No p
I’m not intending to hyjack your thread but I have an M1101 and love it!! Perfect platform to modify it however you want. If you need any ideas or just curious on other builds, check out my instagram kkthejeep. I’ve been working on mine for several years now.
No problem. I intend to turn this into the all terrain tire of trailers. I want to have a removable rack for a tent. It will also be used as an everyday utility trailer and it must fit in my garage so the rack will be telescopic. I don’t need it to be power actuated. I would also like to have a water tank mounted under the trailer for going camping. It’s gonna take some time. My next thing to tackle is changing out the wheels and tires. I would like to convert to 5 x 5 if that’s even possible. I want to match the Gladiator as much as possible. If you have any info on that I’d be appreciative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles