My latest Eurovan build "Snap Dragon"

Cole

Expedition Leader
I love the CaveVan logo, especially embroidered into the seats. Really nice package overall. [/Quote}

Thanks!!

Surprised at the bright yellow pop up fabric though, I'd have gone with an off white to match. Is the yellow to match the reflective flames in the CaveVan logo?

There are several flowers, including the "Snap Dragon" that come in a red/white/yellow combo. We wanted the van to literally "bloom" when the top was up. Basically saying "The party is over here!!!". We also needed a bit of an accent color so it didn't look like a CocaCola delivery van:coffeedrink:

Interesting about the Yeti. You say the direct 12v doesn't show up on the display? So the power drawn for the fridge doesn't show up on the display?

Correct. If you are plugged into the Anderson ports on the side it bypasses the charge/discharge controllers and connects straight to the battery. It is NOT the ideal solution but Goal Zero has had issues with the fridge compressors kicking on and triggering the overload protection. So bypassing it with a direct connection is their solution, not mine. They even supplied the direct connection cable to solve the issue.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
I think I've said it before, but the CaveVan logo/brand name is brilliant. Maybe the most clever I've seen.

Cole

Expedition Leader
I think I've said it before, but the CaveVan logo/brand name is brilliant. Maybe the most clever I've seen.

Thank you!

It started as a little bit of a joke at home, but did honestly express my feelings about why I built the first van. I had this primal urge to provide shelter for my newborn baby.....but wanted to get out and travel. The logo seemed pretty obvious at that point:sombrero:

Cole

Expedition Leader
28206524404_8099696b34_z_d.jpg

28719083282_eeef665a65_z_d.jpg

28539758140_757afded6b_z_d.jpg

28209443653_9ff29d5ef4_z_d.jpg

28206522614_04eaa4e87d_z_d.jpg

Last edited:

Cole

Expedition Leader
Couple of finishing touches I've been waiting on. The owner wanted new Peace Sign stickers to replace the ones I took off. I told him I could come up with a better solution :wink:

29769707602_c74c0ae13b_z_d.jpg

29878463895_c0b51076a1_z_d.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
+1. Branding is really important. Fantastic on both fronts with the name and especially the logo.

Thank you! I really appreciate the comments and feedback on this.

If you have read my original campervan build thread you will know that it was all about providing shelter for my baby girl. Which I realized was kinda the essence of vans. Little portable caves. People could have their cave and be nomadic at the same time.

:sombrero:

Cole

Expedition Leader
We are about to start the second phase of the Snap Dragon build. Really just some details we knew we wanted but had to leave out of the initial build due to time.

Here is a teaser.

30361978284_dbcfdaa297_z_d.jpg

Shiryas

Adventurer
Cole,

The color matched bedliner in this build and in your Sprinter looks great, do you do spray that or have a source in Ft Fun?

Cheers, Chris

Cole

Expedition Leader
Cole,

The color matched bedliner in this build and in your Sprinter looks great, do you do spray that or have a source in Ft Fun?
I
Cheers, Chris

Thanks.

I do it in house here. Some areas I spray, others are rolled or brushed on.

Cole

Expedition Leader
Snap Dragon came back for another round of upgrades that we wanted to do the first time but just didn't have the time for.

We stripped the interior all the way back down and covered every surface with Hushmat and then 3M Thinsulate insulation. The goal is to make this van super luxurious to drive and camp in. It is far quieter inside and retains its heat much better.

Which in turn means you don't have to run the HVAC nearly as hard to keep the temp you want when driving. Which of course helps keep it quieter.

You can see some of the Hushmat on the fender well here and the Thinsulate in the walls.

33025219073_14a3928b90_k.jpg

Next up we installed a Webasto ST2000 Petrol furnace. This run right off the gasoline in the gas tank. Its plummet into the rear floor heating vent so that there are no additional holes or vents inside the van.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a finished install picture. But this will give you some idea. We will be putting one of these in JakeFromStateFarm's van too.

33454060480_5a4ebb65c8_k.jpg

Exhaust tip on driver side.

33709302811_b3bedab44c_k.jpg

I made a few changes to the dual yeti mount under the seat to keep them even more secure.

33682726182_a09f715c6e_k.jpg

Custom Yellow seat belts installed.

33682720452_13af6d613e_k.jpg

We also added some L-track gear tie down points around the van for various things.

33682721182_7ed7aeb88a_k.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles