My Journey

dtimms

Observer
Man Jerry! That is heartbreaking. I have no room but maybe someone will step up and help out. You have a big heart. Keep sharing your adventures.

Jim Oaks

Observer
OMG! Those photos are hard to look at. I don't know how anyone could do that to a puppy. I pray you'll be able to nurse her back to health.

furbucket

Observer
Amazing that you came along at the right time to save her! I wonder what caused those wounds (car, fighting, or worse yet if it was sick and cruel and intentional). Either way she was left to die and now has a second chance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys.....pretty horrible stuff happens around here. Last night I was back walking along the wall.....funny thing, I can't help but look for puppies now.....

IMG_2068.jpg

I had a chance to speak with another border guard (I was actually looking for the guy that first alerted me) and this guy was telling me that that the cartel guys behead dogs and throw them over the fence. He says they could care less and they know that the border guards are affected by it.....they just like ************* with them. This is the guy that that alerted me. He didn't want his face or name used. He's was so relieved to see me carry Mex away.....

IMG_2021.jpg

Mex had a good night. She's improving but I have 2 concerns right now. She's making a weird movement with her head and she's favoring one leg. I guess it'll be a wait and see thing. On a bright note, she does her business outside.....every single time.....

And one last thing.....the vet said that that her injuries were human inflicted, intentional, and probably happened about one week ago. So poor Mex has been suffering for awhile. They gave me enough pain killers to last for one week.....

One more last thing.....ghost dancer.....thanks but I should be fine. It's amazing how little money you can spend when living this lifestyle.....

Last edited:

bigskypylot

Explorer
Jerry, God bless you for taking care of that puppy. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. You were put there for a reason and she's now in good hands. Be safe and please keep us up to date on her condition.

chet6.7

Explorer
I have been following your travels.
Helping the puppy shows the kind of man you are,
you have my respect.

unkamonkey

Explorer
Jerry, good for you. There are just some sick people out there and I hope Mex ends up well.
It really does disturb me and many of my friends how some animals are treated. I've gone out in the dark to feed some dogs and make sure they had water.
I suppose we will wait to see if your member name changes.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Geez man, thank you for doing what you're doing to help the poor suffering creatures, breaks my heart to see pictures like this. What could this little helpless pup had done to deserve this. There's so much hate in this world. The news is full of stories about how people torture animals for the fun of it, everything from dousing kittens with gasoline and setting them on fire to tossing dogs over the cliffs.

PM me your paypal pls I'll be honored to buy you and the border patrol guy a lunch.

bigskypylot

Explorer
Geez man, thank you for doing what you're doing to help the poor suffering creatures, breaks my heart to see pictures like this. What could this little helpless pup had done to deserve this. There's so much hate in this world. The news is full of stories about how people torture animals for the fun of it, everything from dousing kittens with gasoline and setting them on fire to tossing dogs over the cliffs.

PM me your paypal pls I'll be honored to buy you and the border patrol guy a lunch.

there's a lot of evil people out there in this world and then there are good people, like Jerry :)

unkamonkey

Explorer
I had to be sure there was food out for the critters that seem to share our neighborhood and walked over to scratch one of Mikes dogs to make me feel better and got him on his computer with my username and password. He didn't say much that I can type here. It's up to him to tell his wife if it would be wise to do so. She really doesn't give a crap and will stomp up to somebody's door and tell them how she feels about how they are treating their animals. Don't speak English? She still has Spanish, French or German to covey her message. A German lady that is able to speak her mind.
I sent this off to an ex animal control officer and then she went to the dark side and became a lawyer She is retired and I can't type out what she said either.
Keep us up about Mex.

John

unkamonkey

Explorer
I'm sure you will have many offers to take the dog and if you are here in CO, I will take care of her. Some weekends I feed 4 dogs if the neighbors are out of town. Sometimes there are 8 over there. What's another happy pup to feed?

o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior