My Journey

ITTOG

Arjan.....we had a good second visit at the vet's and Tanner is healing really well (another $70). We should be back on the road tomorrow and will be slowly driving north. Fuel prices are the next battle we've got to face but I have no problem paying the higher prices.....my issue now is knowing where my fuel comes from these days as I don't want to put a single drop of Russian oil in my 48 gallon tank.....

Any problems that I & the dogs have are nothing compared to what the people in Ukraine are enduring.....Russians can go to hell.....

View attachment 710714
I thought your posts couldn't get any better and then you go and outdo yourself! LOL

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I was hanging out in the bed of the camper with my two best friends when I looked up and saw that we had a visitor and I quickly grabbed my camera and took this picture......and as I looked at our visitor I began to think about life and how lucky so many of us are in the free world. The free flight of the bird reminded me of my own freedom, something that I value dearly and would never take for granted. Lately I've been watching the terror in Ukraine.....the families running for their lives.....the children that are being killed.....the men as they fight for their own freedom.....

Screenshot_20220306-071518_Gallery_copy_1600x778.jpg

And I thought how is it possible for me to continue posting here as if life were normal while this war continues and these atrocities occur ? I can't.....

I'm lucky enough to be going home while others flee their homes.....so I'm making donations and I've contacted both of my senators and my congressman asking that they stop importing Russian oil.....I hope to house refugees one day should the need arise.....whatever I can do.....

I've always complained that travel is all about me.....so.....

Screenshot_20220301-133651_Gallery_copy_1600x778_1.jpg

Screenshot_20220307-155102_Gallery_copy_1600x778_1.jpg

Last edited:

Riversdad

I was hanging out in the bed of the camper with my two best friends when I looked up and saw that we had a visitor and I quickly grabbed my camera and took this picture......and as I looked at our visitor I began to think about life and how lucky so many of us are in the free world. The free flight of the bird reminded me of my own freedom, something that I value dearly and would never take for granted. Lately I've been watching the terror in Ukraine.....the families running for their lives.....the children that are being killed.....the men as they fight for their own freedom.....

View attachment 710916

And I thought how is it possible for me to continue posting here as if life were normal while this war continues and these atrocities occur ? I can't.....

I'm lucky enough to be going home while others flee their homes.....so I'm making donations and I've contacted both of my senators and my congressman asking that they stop importing Russian oil.....I hope to house refugees one day should the need arise.....whatever I can do.....

I've always complained that travel is all about me.....so.....

View attachment 710918

View attachment 710921

View attachment 710923

The courage and resolve of the Ukrainian people is to be admired. They are literally fighting for their lives while the morons in this country cry about having to wear a mask in public. I really hope we begin to make some changes in this country when we see how bad it could be and how good we have it.

ITTOG.....thanks.....

Ace.....thanks.....I do indeed love to write.....

halseyt.....thanks so much for those kind words.....

dieseldude4bt.....thank you.....

Riversdad.....when I was in Nepal in 2015 I was surprised at the number of people that wore face masks then. Of course it wasn't for Covid-19.....it was because the roads were unpaved and the dust was so bad.....there was no whining, no protests or truck blockades.....what more can I say.....I don't get it.....

Arjan.....it's not so much that I want to capitulate to the Russians desire but it's my own inability to post about my good times while millions are suffering in Ukraine. This one hits close to home for me.....my father was an American soldier during World War 2 and fought in Europe.....my mother was born in France and lived there during World War 2.....I guess you'd say that she was a refugee to America. She told me stories of the constant bombing from the planes and the ground forces. She told me how they lived in constant fear & terror for their lives. By the end of the war, astonishingly as it was, her house was the only house left standing for blocks & blocks. I've seen her pictures and I see history repeating itself once again. I still have lots of family in Europe.....it's terrifying.....

We continue to slowly push north.....

Screenshot_20220309-065704_Gallery_copy_1600x778.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I have good friends in Kiev, and Odesa...... I was asked if I would run a medical team. To establish medical care in refugee camps, now its a waiting game. I of course said yes, could leave anytime, or not at all. Politics..of NGO's are.... convoluted

Thank you for your posts. They make a difference

Last edited:
The courage and resolve of the Ukrainian people is to be admired. They are literally fighting for their lives while the morons in this country cry about having to wear a mask in public. I really hope we begin to make some changes in this country when we see how bad it could be and how good we have it.

Riversdad Youre the sheep! Calling others morons check yourself.

I am very proud of the Ukranians and wish there was more we were doing to help those people.

Jerry hope you decide to keep posting as you do bring happiness to a lot of your followers who arent able to get out and travel like you :)

While we are seeing an increase in aggression by the Russian military it is all too easily missed or glossed over that this is the continuation of a war that has been going since 2014 (at least in its current iteration). I have had the opportunity to go over there multiple times for work to assist the UKR people with their ongoing conflict. While I am glad to see the current support i cant help but feel there is a bit of media posturing (mass and social) that takes away some of the nuance of the conflict. There are many UKR families that have been displaced or living in an unknown environment for 8 years and it hasn't been a news worthy event until recently. Reviewing many of the nuances that have brought this conflict to a head I believe there is a significant portion due to mismanagement at the US level.

Dont take this as a slight against you as I thoroughly enjoy your thread, adventures, and perspective on many things. Your thread is yours to do as you wish but I would be remiss if I didnt point out that many people read and live vicariously through your images and words until the time opens up for us to be able to do it for ourselves.

PNWY.....stay safe and go.....thanks.....

Sierra Valley.....thanks.....

grindmonkey.....I appreciate your insight and appreciate you taking the time to post as well.....no slights taken / just the opposite.....thanks.....

So.....yesterday we headed into the desert cause really there's probably no better place to be when you need to figure some things out. It's just so difficult to believe that each one of us has to continue getting on with life while one mad man terrorizes an entire population (actually the entire world). My world was perfect yesterday.....Golden Retrievers, a great campsite and an amazing sunset.....it's all a bit surreal.....

This is my contribution to the good in the world.....

Looking to the east.....Virgin Peak (8,074') .....

20220309_173608_copy_1600x778.jpg

20220309_173719_copy_1600x778.jpg

20220309_173941_copy_1600x778.jpg

But the real show was looking to the west.....

20220309_173524_copy_1600x467.jpg

20220309_173553_copy_1600x778.jpg

20220309_173700_copy_1600x778.jpg

Don't worry.....the dogs spent plenty of time outside walking along the sandy roads.....

20220309_172257_copy_1600x778.jpg

20220309_172518_copy_1600x3291.jpg

20220309_172506_copy_1600x3291.jpg

I'll get back to our story soon enough as we continue up the road......that doesn't mean that the people of Ukraine have left our minds.....

20220309_160429_copy_1600x778_1.jpg

Last edited:

ITTOG

It is difficult to live knowing what is going on in the Ukraine. I find any time I am not focused on what I am doing my mind drifts to the conflict. It is difficult to keep the joy my life has when I know some are living in terror or are dead. It really is difficult and I understand your plight.

I am not quite sure the west view was the show. It is very difficult for me to look away for the mountains. But I guess it doesn't matter when you get the opportunity for both all at once. Enjoy it!

mekcanix

Camper
Thanks Jerry, I need to see that. I do understand your feelings with the State of the world, it has made me hold and treasure what means most to me, family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles