My Journey

nathane

That is one of the most astonishingly beautiful places I have seen pictures of. Totally surreal, could be Dali or Bosch.

Jerry,
Thank you for the effort you put into this space. It is amazing to be able to open this thread on an almost daily basis and have a positive inspiring experience. I am sure there are many others, like myself, that read and follow your posts regularly for the last few years that dont post much. And I am sure there are some that have yet to register for an account to tell you thank you. Please know that your travels and story are as therapeutic for others as they are for you. Thanks.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Jerry,
Thank you for the effort you put into this space. It is amazing to be able to open this thread on an almost daily basis and have a positive inspiring experience. I am sure there are many others, like myself, that read and follow your posts regularly for the last few years that dont post much. And I am sure there are some that have yet to register for an account to tell you thank you. Please know that your travels and story are as therapeutic for others as they are for you. Thanks.

100% (me too)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITTOG.....the man was a genius.....

JD.....thanks but we're actually much west of that area now.....

Foy.....for sure.....more rocks coming.....

mekcanix.....it's actually difficult to believe that there are places that are that beautiful.....you are more than welcome.....

nathane.....which is why I limited my babbling.....those pictures speak for themselves.....

grindmonkey.....it really is a two way street.....when I read a complimentary response such as yours it just makes it easy to do what I love to do.....and that is to start my day with a hot mug of coffee and journal about our travels.....thanks so much for posting up and the kind words.....

Ace.....?

Now that entire day was spent in a purely magical setting but eventually we regretfully had to head back to the Jeep.....as we hiked back I looked up into the sky and this is what I saw.....I called her my Sky Dog because of the unusual clouds that passed over prior to her death.....and those clouds I saw were definitely a sign for me that Yukon was along for the ride.....like I said magical.....just a magical day.....in a magical setting.....

20201130_163353_copy_1600x900.jpg

That day turned out to be another long day in the boots.....as a matter of fact it was another 20 mile plus day.....the second one in three days.....the truck camper never looked so good sitting next to that big rock.....

20201201_060824_copy_1600x900.jpg

Oh my.....Tanner & I sure did sleep well under that beautiful star filled sky.....

20201129_185727_copy_1600x900.jpg

The following day was a rest day.....although we did hike up into the nearby mountains and ravines.....and we hiked along House Rock Valley Road.....and as we hiked we hoped for our ailing muscles and joints to heal quickly. Another restful night spent next to that big rock and then we moved on and completed driving the remaining 20 miles of that rough washboard road as we continued north back into Utah.....then a brief drive on asphalt to our next starting point for another planned long hike.....

20201202_094741_copy_1600x900.jpg

Next up.....

One more 20 mile plus hike as we walked miles and miles through a cold dark canyon with steep colorful rock walls, through a raging ice cold river as we courted death with nearly every step that we took.....here's a preview of that near death experience.....

20201202_114816_copy_1600x900.jpg

20201202_114820_copy_1600x900.jpg

20201202_114815_copy_1600x900.jpg

20201202_114809_copy_1600x900.jpg

20201202_114823_copy_1600x900.jpg

20201202_114825_copy_1600x900.jpg

Riversdad

Love the pictures of Tanner. What a terrible life he seems to be having. I can imagine your camper doesn't exactly smell like roses, does it?

Jerry, great posts and pics as usual. Best read on the web. Just curious if you went to the Book Cliffs? I have hunted there and around Green River a few times and it is an amazing place. Safe travels sir.

Riversdad.....I'd say that the camper is probably in the best of shape of the three of us (me, Tanner & camper). I'm pretty good with keeping the camper "sterilized" with 409. Then Tanner does a fair job of keeping himself clean.....I'd venture to say that's what he was doing in that sequence of pictures I just posted. The real problem is me.....I haven't "bathed" since that hot spring in Ouray, Colorado and that's been quite awhile.....

JD.....that dog hates the sun & heat.....he loves the shade & anything cold.....

Jbynum.....thanks for the nice feedback. I sure do appreciate it.....I don't know Book Cliffs.....yet.....

Paria Canyon was the next hike of My Journey.....much like White Pocket, there's not much I need to say....."a picture is worth a thousand words" fits perfectly here. That day was exhilarating to say the least.....

“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.” – Aldo Leopold

20201202_115937_copy_1600x900.jpg

20201202_115314_copy_1600x900.jpg

20201202_121948_copy_1600x2844.jpg

20201202_123156_copy_1600x2844.jpg

20201202_123015_copy_1600x2844.jpg

20201202_123249_copy_1600x2844.jpg

20201202_123929_copy_1600x900.jpg

20201202_124026_copy_1600x2844.jpg

20201202_124406_copy_1600x900.jpg

20201202_123442_copy_1600x2844.jpg

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
I’m guessing upstream from your last location is the old town of Paria. It was destroyed by flooding long ago and there is very little remaining now. But the location was used for a few western movies. Somewhere I read that one of the last movies filmed there was Clint Eastwood’s “The Outlaw Josey Wales”. So after I got home I watched it again. Sure enough, I recognized many of the locations. The Hollywood town was destroyed, either by fire or removed. There was a BLM sign there with some history of the place.

Even if none of that interests you, it’s still a beautiful spot to just hang out and admire the colorful rocks and cliffs surrounding the old town site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tgil

ITTOG.....the man was a genius.....

JD.....thanks but we're actually much west of that area now.....

Foy.....for sure.....more rocks coming.....

mekcanix.....it's actually difficult to believe that there are places that are that beautiful.....you are more than welcome.....

nathane.....which is why I limited my babbling.....those pictures speak for themselves.....

grindmonkey.....it really is a two way street.....when I read a complimentary response such as yours it just makes it easy to do what I love to do.....and that is to start my day with a hot mug of coffee and journal about our travels.....thanks so much for posting up and the kind words.....

Ace.....?

Now that entire day was spent in a purely magical setting but eventually we regretfully had to head back to the Jeep.....as we hiked back I looked up into the sky and this is what I saw.....I called her my Sky Dog because of the unusual clouds that passed over prior to her death.....and those clouds I saw were definitely a sign for me that Yukon was along for the ride.....like I said magical.....just a magical day.....in a magical setting.....

View attachment 630005

That day turned out to be another long day in the boots.....as a matter of fact it was another 20 mile plus day.....the second one in three days.....the truck camper never looked so good sitting next to that big rock.....

View attachment 630006

Oh my.....Tanner & I sure did sleep well under that beautiful star filled sky.....

View attachment 630007

The following day was a rest day.....although we did hike up into the nearby mountains and ravines.....and we hiked along House Rock Valley Road.....and as we hiked we hoped for our ailing muscles and joints to heal quickly. Another restful night spent next to that big rock and then we moved on and completed driving the remaining 20 miles of that rough washboard road as we continued north back into Utah.....then a brief drive on asphalt to our next starting point for another planned long hike.....

View attachment 630008

Next up.....

One more 20 mile plus hike as we walked miles and miles through a cold dark canyon with steep colorful rock walls, through a raging ice cold river as we courted death with nearly every step that we took.....here's a preview of that near death experience.....

View attachment 630009

View attachment 630010

View attachment 630011

View attachment 630012

View attachment 630013

View attachment 630014
Scout acts the exact same way, any time she can find even the smallest patch of snow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz