My Journey

REMEMBERING YUKON PART THREE.....

Yukon was loved everywhere she went and she loved nearly every human she crossed paths with. She was truly mans best friend.....and certainly she was my best friend.....the best friend that I ever had. I learned many things about life from Yukon.....yes, a dog can teach a man. And she never stopped teaching me.....moments before she took her last breath she looked up at me from the floor and had the most beautiful smile on her face that I had ever seen.....you see, she was trying to say "Jerry, don't worry.....live in the moment.....don't be afraid for me". She was also a fantastic teacher to Tanner.....Yukon loved to walk with her leash in her mouth and when Tanner saw that he immediately said "hey, where's mine ?". And she taught him to love unconditionally and she taught him how to be mans best friend.....I think she knew that he would be next in line to care for me.....

20191222_145602_copy_1200x583.jpg

20190918_085518_copy_1200x583.jpg

Picture 067_copy_1200x797.jpg

I became a believer of the Rainbow Bridge when Montana passed away a few years ago.....I had to believe.....the pain was just too severe. And so it is now that I believe that Montana and Yukon are together again.....their bodies healed.....just awaiting my arrival where we will begin our adventures again one day.....

20190824_215959_copy_1200x583.jpg

20200105_064850_copy_1200x2469.jpg

20191222_145614_copy_1200x2469.jpg

Yukon passed away February 24, 2020 at approximately 2:50 p.m. in Tucson, Arizona. The loss has left a massive hole in my heart and I know that it will be there forever. The tears may stop flowing one day (they have not yet).....my longing to summit mountains with my best friend Yukon will never cease.....

20200123_121534_copy_1200x2469.jpg

20200105_065445_copy_1200x2469.jpg

20200106_152544_copy_1200x583.jpg

You see.....Yukon was and is one amazing dog.....

20190927_053315_copy_1200x583.jpg

Last edited:
REMEMBERING YUKON PART FOUR.....

IMG_0038.JPG

The Rainbow Bridge..........inspired by a Norse legend

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,

Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.

Where the friends of man and woman do run,

When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,

Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.

On this golden land, they wait and they play,

Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,

For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.

Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,

Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,

Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.

All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,

Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;

Together again, both person and pet.

So they run to each other, these friends from long past,

The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,

Has turned into joy once more in each heart.

They embrace with a love that will last forever,

And then, side-by-side, they cross over and are together.

Screenshot_20200228-190209_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200228-190010_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Recommended books for Overlanding

Americas Overland - The Driving Handbook
by Donald Greene
From $20
Long Way Round: Chasing Shadows Across the World
by Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman
From $14.59
The Total Approach of Getting Unstuck Off Road: 4WD Self-...
by Robert Wohlers
From $59.95

Jbynum

Jerry, my condolences. Take all the time you need to look back and reminisce on the wonderful memories you made together.

ITTOG

My heart goes out to you and Tanner. Losses are never easy but remember that you gave Yukon a wonderful life. Nothing I could type will ease your pain but I would share it with you if I could. Best wishes and prayers for you.

DailyJeep

Adventurer
Echoing Ace's sentiments, I don't think I've ever sat staring at a computer screen with a giant lump in my throat due to another person's dog. But that's just the thing, they aren't just dogs, are they? They are our friends. They are our family. And damn, those types of losses hurt like hell. My deepest condolences, Jerry. The very fact this thread exists to celebrate her, your adventures, and your partnership together is truly a gift I am thankful for; it's inspiration for dogs, and humans, everywhere.

blanketslayer

Echoing Ace's sentiments, I don't think I've ever sat staring at a computer screen with a giant lump in my throat due to another person's dog. But that's just the thing, they aren't just dogs, are they? They are our friends. They are our family. And damn, those types of losses hurt like hell. My deepest condolences, Jerry. The very fact this thread exists to celebrate her, your adventures, and your partnership together is truly a gift I am thankful for; it's inspiration for dogs, and humans, everywhere.
Thank you for putting my feelings into words better than I am able to.

Jerry, you have my deepest condolences as well as gratitude for sharing these moments.

Trailboss

Observer
I can't "like" your post, but thank you for letting us know. Loosing a fur friend never gets easier, but their lifetime of unrestrained love is worth the inevitable heartache and loss. Remember the good times - she does.

Riversdad

I'm really sorry for your loss and I know how much it hurts having been through it too many times. You were lucky to spend 14 great years with your best friend and you'll have those memories for the rest of your life. Remember to give Tanner a lot of extra love as he will be grieving too.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Overlanding the Americas: La Lucha
by Mr Graeme Robert Bell
From $20
Drive Nacho Drive: A Journey from the American Dream to t...
by Brad Van Orden, Sheena Van Orden
From $15.95
Long Way Down: An Epic Journey by Motorcycle from Scotlan...
by Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman
From $1.65
Adventure Motorcycling Handbook: A Route & Planning Guide
by Chris Scott
From $10.09

Littlehouse

Adventurer
My condolences Jerry. I've been following you for quite some time but took a break as Yukon's health started to decline. There is a special bond some of us have with our dogs, and I didn't want to imagine the pain you're going through, nor reflect on the hard time I'd have when it's time to say goodbye to my "kids". I try my best, but I wish I could give them half the life experiences you give your dogs. Find some solace in the fact that you give those dogs one hell of a life. RIP Yukon

nathane

So sorry for this loss Jerry, she had a lot of friends out here following her adventures. Look after yourself these next days and weeks. Keep strong.