My JK Michigan Exploration Build

Sinfuzz

2007 2-dr Sahara, 6-speed, factory 4.10 & lsd
currently around 180k miles, picked it up in 2017 with around 130k.

Early mods (2017-2019)
Delrin door pin bushings
Swapped stereo with single din Pioneer and a single din CB.
Installed Morel speakers and a Soundstream 4-channel amp.
Added front light bar, rear light
Removed rear interior and started diy drawer system
Removed Sahara steps
Sold wheels/tires it came with (285/75/16, aftermarket wheels and stock base Jeep spare) and bought a full set of Rubicon take-offs for cheap.
Started sound deadening build with some vibration tiles throughout the rear.

jep.PNG

unnamed.jpg

Recent mods
AEV 2.5” Lift
AEV Geometry correction kit
Grade 8 CA Hardware kit
JKS Quick Discos
Currie Drag Link and Tie Rod

jep lif.PNG

In Garage/To Be Installed
Viair compressor and mount bracket
JKS Front Trackbar
HD Spicer Grease-able Ball Joints
Spicer Life Series ujoints
OME Steering Stabilizer
Radiator
Power Steering Reservoir
Diff fluid and LubeLockers
Transfer case and transmission fluids

Next Round of mods/tune-up
New rear caliper (did the other this summer) and flush fluid
Fix e-brake
Bunch of gaskets and seals

Also might end up doing LCAs, front bolts are seized in the bushings it would appear. Hoping I don’t have to just cut those out but I might.

Near Future Mods
285/75/17s and wheel spacers
Swap stereo with a hidden Qudelix 5k for the EQ, better Bluetooth and make room for gauges/switches
More vibration tiles, layer of foam, layer of MLV
Reinstall carpet throughout and new floor mats
Finish drawer system

I think that about wraps it up! Obviously there’s other stuff I want to do but I’m just prioritizing.

I’m trying to build it to be as reliable as possible. I beat on it a little bit at the Dunes, trails and a little bit of rock crawling. All these activities require a pretty good trek down the highway though, so trying to keep it reasonably comfy there too.

Am I on the right track? Any glaring omissions from my overhaul? I’m super stoked to get through these next couple sprints on my build!

lowmpgcj5

I think you're on a really good track now. I'm a level 2 Jeep tech and also use a 08 2 door. One thing I didn't see is plugs and wires, the 3.8 likes to cook the wires on the inside of the insulation on the back side of the engine. Replace the wires with Mopar ones and throw your take offs in the back for spares. Just for longer trips I did add a heated seat kit to my factory seats a couple years ago and it's been great, but now looking at changing the seats out to mastercraft for more comfort. You're drawer system looks great, keep up the work and want to see more pictures of the Jeep and your trips.

Sinfuzz

I think you're on a really good track now. I'm a level 2 Jeep tech and also use a 08 2 door. One thing I didn't see is plugs and wires, the 3.8 likes to cook the wires on the inside of the insulation on the back side of the engine....

it might be about time to replace those. Right when I bought the Jeep I put in new plugs, LiveWires plug wires and new air filter. I’ll definitely check them out.

And thank you! Will definitely be keeping this thread updated. The drawers have been backburnered for a while now, I’m ready to make more progress haha

Sinfuzz

Quick update. Steering/suspension is wrapped up and alignment is done. This feels like a completely different vehicle now - that front end rebuild especially was long overdue apparently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior