My Hummer wheelset experience

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Id love to use these on my Mercedes 917. My only worry is the vehicle weight. The truck is 9,000 lbs without the camper...

A couple things to remember if you are going to try and use repurposed Hummer wheels on your 917 besides the load rating of the wheel and the wheel offset. The Hummer wheels are 16.5 wheels so tire selection is limited somewhat (I think the days of 90% surplus tire for $100 are gone) and also the overall diameter of your wheel/tire combo. On the Fusos 16 or 16.5 wheels give a nice boosts to size if you are using 35-37" tires (I have 37s on my Fuso and that works great for me) but don't the 917 start with a 20" rims, so you probably don't want to be going down in overhaul diameter?

sostahoe

looking for as much info as I can gather before doing my super single conversion. I am starting with a 92 FG 5 lug. Would it be possible to get a set of centers made for the
FG 5 lug bolt pattern ?
What is the largest tire size any one has run on an FG ? I would like to know maximum for stock , but I am open to any modifications (suspension,axle,body) to find max limits. but looking for ALL feedback.

javajoe79

Fabricator
I built a set of these for my npr with ford axles. I am eventually going to build a set of 17” TWF wheels. There are very limited tire options for the hummer wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94