My GF’s LR3

protohyp

Adventurer
Got it in this state for 2700.00. Had 150k miles on it with a check engine light. Changed an ignition coil and all is good.
31490ec457255a1f72e33f59c3d3ae02.jpg

This is it now as of yesterday.

888361baeca88d2caa494d4b8a281e40.jpg

And some pics of it out in the wild

6996e823c7ba11395b1aeab669ea811d.jpg

ab80f5e722b75b9441ecedc721d5b02d.jpg

7ab13dab9e13ad060e227d332405e80d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

protohyp

Adventurer
1) I'm impressed that you picked it up so cheap. 2) This is the first time I've seen someone retrofit a Wrangler front bumper on an LR3. Not exactly sure how I feel about that...

Yeah. We figured most wouldn’t like it but we are notoriously cheap. More that there’s so few bumpers for the LR3 that it’s either a complete custom one off which I’m not against but she also didn’t want to have the same bumper everyone else has. We searched offer up and got 2500.00 worth of bumpers for 500.00.

BTW the rear bumper is also a Hansen Built Wrangler bumper. We figured the widths are about the same so we went for it and just fab’d custom mounts.

It was a total half impulse buy half necessity. She builds cabinets with me and her Avalon could only load tools which wasn’t enough. Once she took it on a camping trip she realized quickly she had more fun as explorer rather than passenger and now she’s caught the bug. The impulse part of it was that my friend had been trying to sell it to me for a year and he almost traded it in for a Defender so we figured what the hell.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Whatever bumper you can put on it that works is a great idea, some purists might differ but this is her LR.
One thing that might be a plus is that it can haul a flatbed trailer full of cabinets easily.

protohyp

Adventurer
Whatever bumper you can put on it that works is a great idea, some purists might differ but this is her LR.
One thing that might be a plus is that it can haul a flatbed trailer full of cabinets easily.

Absolutely agree. We tend to haul our cabinets flat packed because we do larger developments so instead of bringing one kitchen at a time we can bring 5 now with her rig.

She absolutely loves it but more so just loves behind able to drive when we are out wheeling. I usually put her in the lead now so she can choose where we explore.

Now she has to rebuild her compressor and valve blocks to preemptively strike anyt potential suspension faults as well as tee into the struts to bypass the factory system completely

Either way she has a lot of work to do.

protohyp

Adventurer
754ed2e8d8476bf177b105d520c71fff.jpg

Some new KM3’s on XD rims. Spacers open up a whole world of options. These are Tundra rims so 5x120-5x150 did the job

protohyp

Adventurer
The Wrangler bumper doesn't look bad at all. The Tundra wheels look good also.

Thanks. For 150.00 on the bumper I knew I had to try it. Fitament was fairly easy but there are obviously open spaces that need to be filled like under the grill. There is barely enough room for the winch so we have to make some adjustments before it gets mounted.

The XD rims just fell into our lap with the KM3’s. For 1000.00 with almost new tread we couldn’t pass it up. Wasn’t going to use the rims because the Rockstars ii’s have a little too much ‘bling’ on them but we took those off and I agree the look really good.

I have the KM3’s on my avalanche and love them for the type of wheeling we do.

Here’s our family life.
cab9f1c32c0e1c53de35f2b480908954.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior