2006 white with 163k on it.
All options I believe except rear dvd.
b47d49dfa7bad6658376be20adb8b798.jpg

So far only things it needs worked through are:
2100 rpm shutter/vibration occasionally
Balance the tires, they are cheapo ones
Tach loose connection
Add aux input for radio
Left rear bumper light is on full bright all the time the lights are on.
Headlights are super frosty

So a direct comparison to my gen 2.5 is that this is not even comparable. Ride quality destroys the gen 2.5, way more power, quieter more room and did I mention rides absolutely amazing. Comparatively to my old 2006 Range Rover. Just slower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newworld2004

Adventurer
Finally found a light colored gen 3

b47d49dfa7bad6658376be20adb8b798.jpg

Tach loose connection
Add aux input for radio

So a direct comparison to my gen 2.5 is that this is not even comparable. Ride quality destroys the gen 2.5, way more power, quieter more room and did I mention rides absolutely amazing. Comparatively to my old 2006 Range Rover. Just slower.

congratulation on purchase, how much did you end up paying, was timing belt replaced with 163K?

Clem

Adventurer
So a direct comparison to my gen 2.5 is that this is not even comparable. Ride quality destroys the gen 2.5, way more power, quieter more room and did I mention rides absolutely amazing.

Makes me want to look for Gen III.

Congrats!

Clem

vanroth

Observer
Finally found a light colored gen 3

Tach loose connection
Add aux input for radio

You may have already researched this, but the 2100 RPM vibration can be resolved by replacing the expired transmission cross-member rubber bushings. A quick 30-minute fix.

And congrats on the new Montero! I liked my 2002 so much, I just bought a second Gen III last week w/57K miles!

-vanroth

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Welcome aboard Kyle T.!

Since this is a new purchase, I'm sure you plan on swapping out all of the fluids.
A shudder/vibration is often solved when you flush the transmission with MM ATF.

These are great rigs! Have fun!

KyleT

Explorer
Cool. It is a mechanical vibration. I'll look into the bushings.

Really tempted to sell the '98 now...

And need to find a iPod aux input. Would like to keep the factory radio don't care about the changer. A kit from Amazon didn't work already....

plh

Explorer
swap the radio - the capacitors are old and weak ;-). BT and Aux inputs are so nice to have. $125 buys a lot. How is the Sub?

newworld2004

Adventurer
You may have already researched this, but the 2100 RPM vibration can be resolved by replacing the expired transmission cross-member rubber bushings. A quick 30-minute fix.

And congrats on the new Montero! I liked my 2002 so much, I just bought a second Gen III last week w/57K miles!

-vanroth

wow, that is good find with 57K miles, how much did you end up paying for, the lowest millage I was able to find was 89K for 03 and dealer is asking 7K for it.

Thx

KyleT

Explorer
I found a $50 hard wired fm modulator that charges iPhones so I'm going to try that first. No idea on the sub lol. I didn't even know it had one. I like to keep it as oem as possible.

vanroth

Observer
I paid $10k from a dealer for the '06 -- mainly due to me being tired of looking around. Paid just over $6K for my '02 last year w/65K on it.

earljuic3

Adventurer
Your y-pipe cats are bad. I just had mine replaced as well as the cold cat, added a magnaflow series 40 and all new exhaust pipe from the extractors. Ran me about $1100, the y-pipe will run you about 600 installed at a shop with a oem quality replacement.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

earljuic3

Adventurer
Oh and plan to buy at least one o2 sensor. I had two that wouldn't come out.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94