My FZJ80 modest build

Mayne

Explorer
Well... the sag continues. My radiator is leaking ever so lightly a the seams, so now it's off to Uncle T's for more goodies in the basket. Hoses, radiator out of a 93 94 fzj80, thermostat, gaskets, and more green coolant. May do the water pump while I'm in there.

Mayne

Explorer
ARB Commercial Bumper Installed!

It took awhile to get here, but totally worth the wait! Easiest bumper install I've ever done, and that includes OEM stuff on other makes of vehicles. Got my OME HD low suspension delivered, but will have to wait until my ankle recovers a wee bit more from this summers motorcycle accident. (Least sexy accident ever BTW, didn't even leave my driveway.)
Any how, here is some pics of the bumper.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Mayne

Explorer
The commercial ARB is made for Fzj80 without flares, so it doesn't stick out as far. It also is set up for a Warn 8247.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
The commercial ARB is made for Fzj80 without flares, so it doesn't stick out as far. It also is set up for a Warn 8247.

Ahhh, ie for 80's that were bought for commercial purposes (base model no flares) thank you!

Mayne

Explorer
Will over at Sierra Expeditions was kind enough to order it for me. It is quite a wait for it, unless you wanna pay for expedited shipping, then thems the rules.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Will over at Sierra Expeditions was kind enough to order it for me. It is quite a wait for it, unless you wanna pay for expedited shipping, then thems the rules.

I really like the clean lines without the flares and the 235 85s (I run them on my Xterra). Worth the wait! Looks good

BornAFrog

Hi, this is quite an old thread, but I‘m outfitting my 80 very much like yours. No flares, 235/85, and I would love to get my hands on an ARB Commercial bar. would you be able to post an update as to how your cruiser did over time with this setup?

Mayne

Explorer
It worked well for my needs. Added a 44gal sub tank. I’ve been through Moab, Death Valley a couple of times, and other ventures. I eventually pieced together a 2” lift and 255/85’s after re bushing the entire suspension.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles