My FGB71 build

Wazak

We're right there with you Brad regarding the bolt hole. We've been looking for a good while now for such a place. Bolt hole or not come early next year We're hitting the road.
You've done an absolutely cracking job with the truck. It's unfortunate that you got so many gremlins in a short space of time.
If you're coming down through South Yorkshire sometime give us a shout We've got plenty of room to park.

Barry

DzlToy

Explorer
Not to be rude, but 'truck woes' don't just magically disappear because the owner experiences problems. There isn't a 'pool-of-problems' to be depleted over time.

These trucks are notoriously problematic, have been since the beginning and that is direct result of Daimler injecting it's Euro-Trash DNA into a previously, quite reliable Japanese truck.

Show me a new Lexus or a 70-Series LandCruiser with an injector failure at 11,000 miles. There is a reason that gadget-laden, Dual Clutch Transmission, (without a real transfer case/low range) rigs are NOT chosen as true live-aboard, expedition grade rigs. What do people truly drive around the world in? Old 70-Series LandCruisers, old Defenders, motorcycles, HiLux pick up trucks, old Jeeps and the like. There is a reason for this.

Sell the truck if you can and get something that you can enjoy traveling in. A Benz-built Fuso will never be that truck, IMHO.

samurai driver

Those are great photography, with experienced composition, Brad! I view them on a 27" iMac 5k screen for their glorious resolutions. Thanks for sharing. What equipment were these photos taken with?

If you ever come to the Pacific Northwest of USA, we should meet up where I have a large country property.

These gives me a kick in the ass to get mine built, only if there are not so many difficult fabrications. Also too many other projects competing for my time and finance.

Last edited:

BigSkyBrad

@
Those are great photography, with experienced composition, Brad! I view them on a 27" iMac 5k screen for their glorious resolutions. Thanks for sharing. What equipment were these photos taken with?

If you ever come to the Pacific Northwest of USA, we should meet up where I have a large country property.

These gives me a kick in the ass to get mine built, only if there are not so many difficult fabrications. Also too many other projects competing for my time and finance.

Just my Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro (2020) phone, which can be pushed to 64MP. I gave up using cameras years ago, I find a good phone is all I need nowadays, and with the big screens that phones now have, I can edit and delete on the fly.

The new Redmi Note 13 Pro 5G is 200MP, and way cheaper than a Samsung (just paying for the name and the hype).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94